New York Hospital & Nursing Home looking for a dynamic Lab Manager!
- Manages the overall laboratory, phlebotomy, clerical and technical staff to assure that test results are available in a timely and accurate manner.
- Plans and controls the work of the department, sets performance standards, implements departmental policies and procedures and administers Hospital policies; develops procedures for interdepartmental operations
- Prepares and administers Laboratory budget, which includes capital, salary and non-salary budgets.
- In conjunction with supervisory staff, hires, evaluates and terminates employees; authorizes time off and overtime; initiates personnel changes such as transfers and promotions. Ensures performance evaluations are completed within the established timeframe.
- 10+years of Lab Manager experience who can communicate with Physician leadership and staff effectively.
- Must be available to start within two weeks of job offer.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!