Surrounded by ski slopes and a national park, Gunnison, CO is calling for a new Director of Supply Chain to join the Gunnison Valley Health team!
- The Supply Chain Director will be responsible for the administration and management of the departments including: Supply Chain, Linen, Bio-Medical Engineering, Environmental Services, and IV solutions.
- Seeking a hands-on leader to understand daily staff operations and mentor department employees to help drive productivity and accountability.
- Develop relationships with supply chain manufacturers, distributers, and vendors as well as work closely with internal customers, staff, and executive leadership across the health system.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to understand how a strong supply chain and support service impacts the organization and patient care.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Must bring 7+ years of health system experience with multi-site responsibility.
- Gunnison Valley Health is the sole community-owned health system for Gunnison County and surrounding areas. They are not just a hospital, but a fully integrated health system providing services for all stages of life; from an award winning EMS department to a 52,000 square foot, state of the art senior care center and everything in between.
- GVH serves the 17,000 residents of Gunnison County, Colorado. It’s 450-plus-member staff works with 50 local and visiting specialists.
- The Gunnison Valley Health Foundation is a separate 501c3 and the CEO of Gunnison Valley Health is a Board Member. Gunnison Valley Health is a fully integrated health system that includes almost every aspect of healthcare.
- From the Family Birthing Center to the Senior Care Center to the Cancer Care Center and the philanthropic foundation, Gunnison Valley Health is here to keep Gunnison County living well together.
- Gunnison is rather like a home on the range surrounded by ski areas and a national park. The city, which feels like a cattleman's town, is the kind of place where you don't feel like a tourist as much as somebody visiting the folks.
- It's a great base camp for exploring a treasure trove of natural and man-made attractions. To get there, you probably have to cross Monarch Pass, where you'll find good skiing in winter. Head north from town and you'll end up in Crested Butte, famous for its extreme terrain.
- But head west and the valley drops away into the Curecanti National Recreation Area, Blue Mesa Reservoir and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. The reservoir, Colorado's largest man-made lake, in the summer is full of canoes, sailboats, pontoon and motor boats, and people water-skiing, fishing, even parasailing in the refreshing water.
- Summer celebrations also honor the area's Western roots, and the dominant entrée on dinner menus is steak.