Chief Medical Officer
Seeking a strategic physician executive for a new opportunity as the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of a payor organization.
The CMO will be accountable for strategic medical affairs issues and aligning departmental strategy or direction with the overall goals of the organization. With direct oversight of all clinical functions, the CMO is ultimately responsible for supporting the total cost of care for members and customers. The CMO will be a thought leader that fosters deep collaboration to facilitate joint design of innovative health improvement, member engagement, care management and other initiatives that result in exceptional value and quality outcomes.
- Establish and implement standards and policies to promote quality of medical care and services to provide to members and to assure accreditation.
- Provide expert medical advice and assistance to various areas of the organization to guide broad program changes, to assure programs are designed to bring value to members, oversee medical policy and ensure benefit design and administration consistent with medical policy.
- Provide oversight to the development and implementation of a solution program including case management, medical management compliance care, utilization management, medical coding and policy, population health management and analytics, behavioral health, and wellness activities.
- Provide leadership in the provider community.
- Lead and serve on various committees.
- Responsible for providing medical input and interacting with major customers, insurers and government in a way to enhance organization reputation.
- Must have 7+ years of healthcare administration, including utilization management; 5+ years of Medical Director experience in a risk based managed care program.
- Medical license and board certification in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties or the American Board of Osteopathic Specialists; family medicine or internal medicine preferred but not required.