Wonderful opportunity to serve as Chief Financial Officer for a strong and stable, multi-specialty, independent physician group in Mississippi!
The Chief Financial Officer’s responsibilities include developing annual operating and capital budgets; financial analysis of on-going and new programs, business development; revenue management; preparation of financial statements; decision support and cost accounting; and oversight of disbursements and receivables processes. The Chief Financial Officer reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer and interacts with substantially all members of the Clinic’s leadership team.
Hattiesburg Clinic first opened its doors on May 1, 1963, when an OB-GYN and general surgeon became partners. Together, these doctors began planning what is now the state’s largest multi-specialty clinic. Fifteen years later, Hattiesburg Clinic, then 10 doctors strong, was officially opened at its present site on South 28th Avenue, between I-59 at SR 49.
Fifty years after its beginning, Hattiesburg Clinic has grown to more than 300 physicians and 160 mid-level providers, caring for patients in more than 13 counties throughout southern Mississippi. With a total employee complement of more than 2,400 professionals, these care providers come together for a common purpose: to serve more than 300,000 residents who live and work in southern Mississippi. Providing quality healthcare in more than 60 locations, the clinic’s growth has been unprecedented. The clinic enjoys an excellent community reputation and a strong market presence as a leader. Today, the clinic averages more than 3,600 office encounters daily.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent discipline is required. A master’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or certification as a public accountant is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of healthcare financial administration, including experience with a medical group with an operating budget of at least $375 million.
- Knowledge of provider billing practices and understanding of healthcare reimbursement methodologies.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, initiative, and an ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Experience with EPIC is a plus.
- Experience in public speaking, business presentations, meeting management and business correspondence.
- Experience working with information technology staff to manage finance and accounting software packages.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.