Exciting Opportunity to Lead Surgical Operations as Director of Surgical Services in beautiful Kentucky!
- The Director of Surgical Services will be responsible for financial and clinical operations for a department supporting nine Operating Rooms, ensuring service development, personnel management, and resource allocation.
- Reporting the Community Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of two direct reports and approximately 58 FTEs.
- This leader will join the Surgical Services Excellence Committee and help to lead the department in the process of creating a standardized practice. They will work diligently to support the growth of the Orthopedic and Cardiovascular service lines, based on demand and new physician hires.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader, capable of driving effective change. Must have a transformational and collaborative leadership style. Previous union experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience in leading facility renovations is a plus.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Perioperative Nursing role, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an administrative management position.
- BSN required; Master’s highly preferred.
- Active RN required.
- CNOR certification preferred.
- Established in the heart of the Kentucky Coal Fields, the City of Hazard is a small town with a big city feel and is known to be an adventurer’s destination.
- All trails in Hazard and Perry County lead to adventure and excitement. Whether you're looking for a ground-pounding four wheeling adventure or a gentle hike along a scenic stream, Hazard and Perry County is your destination.
- The region offers rugged, natural beauty, wildlife viewing, rivers, lakes and streams, camping, fishing, historical attractions, original arts and crafts, and festivals.
- Hazard also features movie theatres, an amphitheater located beside City Hall, and The Forum located near the south end of the City limits!
- Appalachian Regional Healthcare (ARH), the Healthcare System of Appalachia, and ranked as one of the Top 10 Employers in Kentucky by Forbes Magazine, is a not-for-profit health system operating 14 hospitals in the Kentucky and West Virginia region.
- ARH mission is to improve health and promote well-being of all people in Central Appalachia in partnership with our communities by being a premier destination for quality care, a driver of advancement and development, and a leader in health for the communities we serve.
- Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center is a 358-bed, acute-care hospital with an adjacent psychiatric hospital. The ARH Psychiatric Center is the State designated acute mental health facility for a 21-county region in Eastern Kentucky.
- Hazard ARH also features a Level II Nursery, Accredited Cancer Center, and Accredited Breast Center. Hazard ARH is proud to be the first Eastern Kentucky hospital to join the UK HealthCare/ Norton Healthcare Stroke Care Network.
- In February of 2022, the Hazard ARH Regional Medical Center has received certification from DNV as a Primary Stroke Center, affirming the hospital’s readiness to handle a full range of stroke-related medical problems.