Opportunity for Nursing Leader to Direct Multiple Units and 110+ Beds at Queen’s Medical Center, a Magnet-Designated, 575-Bed Hospital in Honolulu!
- The Director, Medicine Units provides strategic, clinical, and operational oversight to four patient care units totaling 110+ beds. Oversight units support Medicine, MICU, Hemodialysis, PICC, IV, and Respiratory Care services.
- Reporting into the Vice President level, the Director will serve a key role in coaching leaders and employees within the units and moving forward programmatic priorities.
- Seeking a collaborative Director who will partner closely with peer leaders to enhance consistent models of care across all medical center service lines, all in alignment with health system initiatives.
- Must bring 5+ years of leadership experience related to oversight areas in a hospital setting and a record of managing multiple departments. Union experience is strongly preferred.
- BSN and Master’s degree required.
- Active nursing license required and can works towards obtaining a Hawaii license.
- A member of The Queen’s Health Systems family of hospitals, The Queen’s Medical Center is a non-profit hospital with a 160-year legacy of caring for residents of Hawaii and the Pacific Basin.
- Located in downtown Honolulu, Queen’s operates the only organ transplantation program in Hawaii, as well as the first and only Level I Trauma Center in the state.
- The Queen’s Medical Center is the largest private hospital in Hawaii, licensed for 575 acute care beds.
- The hospital is also held in high regards as a Magnet-designated facility and a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and Cardiac Care.
- Queen’s serves as a major teaching hospital, training residents from the University of Hawaii John A. Burns School of Medicine.
- In addition to being Joint Commission accredited, The Queen’s Medical Center was recognized as Best Hospital in Honolulu in 2017-18, is currently a Comprehensive Stroke Center, and holds Cancer Center accreditation.
- Honolulu is the capital and largest city in the beautiful state of Hawaii and has been ranked the second safest city in the United States.
- The sprawling city is home to historic landmarks, world-class shopping, and a flourishing arts and culture scene.
- World-famous beach, Waikiki, is nestled against Honolulu and the Pacific Ocean – offering peaceful waters, perfect for swimming, paddle-boarding, and canoeing.
- The city is part of the larger island of Oahu, which is home to more than 100 beaches.