Vice President of Patient Care
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, QHS, and President of QMC, the Vice President of Patient Care (Oncology/Neuroscience) (Vice President) is responsible for establishing the strategy, direction, and culture of the organization consistent with its mission and values; developing and achieving organizational goals and objectives; and implementing procedures that adequately safeguard the assets of QMC.
As a member of the executive team, the Vice President is directly responsible for developing and implementing business and strategic plans to meet the goals and objectives of QMC and QHS for oncology, the Neuroscience Institute, research, neurodiagnostic, laboratory, pathology, and laboratory services.
The Vice President is accountable for effective business and operational management and delivery of quality patient care.
The Vice President has 24/7 accountability for areas assigned. Other areas of responsibility and organization-wide initiatives and programs may be assigned to the Vice President.
Our ideal candidate will specifically possess:
- Master’s degree in hospital administration, nursing, business administration, or related healthcare field.
- Five years of executive/management experience overseeing hospital and ambulatory services, preferably in a service-line structure in an institution comparable QMC.
- Executive/management experience in one or more of the following services: oncology, neurology, professional functions.
- Leadership role in successfully implementing projects and initiatives that have a major impact to an organization in both inpatient and ambulatory settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current healthcare environment, forward-thinking ideas, and ability to motivate others.
- Knowledge of advanced principles, techniques, and theory as a healthcare professional such as nursing, laboratory, etc.
- Knowledge and ability to apply principles of team process and dynamics, employee empowerment strategies, personnel management, and physician relations.
- Ability to establish, lead, and maintain an effective and results-oriented management team.
- Knowledge in strategic planning, business development, budget management, and marketing.
- Knowledge of governing agencies’ rules, regulations, guidelines, and policies related to functions, services, and activities provided by areas assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a broad range of people.
- Knowledge and ability to direct and coordinate organization-wide initiatives and projects.
- Ability to work collaboratively with clinicians to align goals and achieve success.
The Queen’s Health Systems (QHS) is a nonprofit healthcare organization with a rich history of caring for the people of Hawaii. With four hospitals and more than 70 preventive, specialty healthcare locations and labs throughout the Pacific region, QHS is the state’s largest employer.
Led by a highly committed, experienced, and deeply compassionate group of executives and medical professionals who embody the mission and values of Queen’s and live the Queen Emma Way, QHS’ 10,000 caregivers, medical staff, and leadership take and uphold a pledge to put patients first. The diverse and exceptionally qualified medical team delivers care and treatments that are continually advancing through education and research; and is nationally recognized for outcomes.
The board of trustees live, work, and thrive in Hawaii and the Pacific Basin. They understand the needs of their communities and are passionate about making sure that Queen’s remains the preeminent healthcare system that it is today.
Located on the beautiful island of Oahu, Honolulu is the capital of Hawaii and a gateway to the Hawaiian Islands. With some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, the amount of activities to enjoy are almost endless.
Whether you are looking to spend your time lounging on the beach, hiking lush green hillsides, or swimming in the turquoise waters, you can do all the above and more.
For those looking to explore food and drink, the switch from Hawaiian barbecue and a mai tai to a burger and a beer is seamless.
Being an island chain filled with culture and history, there are museums and historical sites to explore. Take an island tour or visit a botanical garden.
Drive around the island; it only takes about four hours. No matter what you are looking for, Honolulu is one of the best places in the world to call home.