Take your next big step as the Director of Surgical Services, with Award-Winning Henry Ford Health Jackson Hospital, located in the family-centered community of Jackson, Michigan.
- The Director of Surgical Services provides clinical and administrative leadership for the hospital’s Surgical Services department, including an onsite Ambulatory Surgery Center, a GI Center, and the Main Operating Room, totaling 21 rooms. Oversight also includes Pre/Post Operative Services & the Central Sterile Processing Department.
- Reporting to the Vice President, Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a team of eight direct reports and ~280 FTEs.
- This leader will work closely with Medical Director over Surgical Services, the Medical Director over Anesthesia, and the Chief of Staff for Surgery.
- This leader will work to improve metrics around throughput, helping to lower day of surgery cancellations. They will also evaluate and improve SPD workflows, and develop recruitment/retention efforts to help fill department vacancies.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent communication skills and be capable of working in a collaborative environment. Well-rounded leaders coming from a larger scope OR would be ideal. Six Sigma or Rapid Improvement skills are a plus.
- BSN required. Master’s or actively pursuing required.
- CNOR certification highly preferred.
- Previous experience working in the OR required.
- Henry Ford Health Jackson Hospital is a 420-bed health system serving Jackson County and its surrounding communities for more than 100 years. They are an esteemed division of Henry Ford Health, a national leader among comprehensive, integrated health systems and widely recognized for clinical excellence and innovation.
- As a Level II Trauma Center and a teaching hospital with a thriving Graduate Medical Education program that attracts resident doctors from around the globe. With a team of 400 physicians, and 3,700 staff members, they are deeply committed to the community in which they serve.
- Henry Ford has earned Magnet status from the American Nursing Credentialing Center by demonstrating excellence in patient care and innovation, signifying the highest level of care delivered by nurses who are supported to be the very best they can be.
- Recent service investments include a complete renovation of the Hospital lobby and front entrance, to provide a more accessible and welcoming environment for patients and visitors, and a new hybrid operating room for complex heart and vascular procedures.
- Jackson, Michigan, strikes the perfect balance of downtown excitement, rich history, natural beauty, culture, outdoor fun and accommodations.
- The city is home to an abundance of festivals, celebrations, and local artistry throughout the year that can keep all ages entertained.
- Known for the hundreds of native and migratory bird species that flock to the city each year, Jackson is a bird lover’s paradise.
- Looking for a more laid-back scene The local beer, wine, and food flows freely from the Sandhill Crane Vineyards to the Grand River Marketplace.