A Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Michigan seeks an engaging executive to serve as the Interim Chief Medical Officer
- Reporting to the CEO, the Interim Chief Medical Officer is responsible for quality, clinical processes, physician relations and continuous improvement for an FQHC facility
- The Interim CMO will focus on provider engagement and ensures policies align with corporate goals and clinical best practices
- Seeking an engaging and personable leader who places high value on patient and staff satisfaction
- Must be hands-on, patient-facing and demonstrate an ability to serve as both a leader and clinician
- Must be licensed physician or eligible for licensing in state of Michigan
- MD/DO required; FQHC experience is required
- Kalamazoo, located in southwest Michigan, hosts the Kalamazoo Promise, three higher learning institutions, two nationally recognized healthcare systems, diverse and affordable housing, award-winning water and many parks, lakes and golf courses
- Kalamazoo is a city that offers you a small town feel while still providing many cultural opportunities and attractions that you might only expect to find in larger metro areas, including music, visual art, dance and theatre
- Each of the over twenty neighborhoods in Kalamazoo has unique characteristics, which makes Kalamazoo and fun and unique place to live
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!