Excellent opportunity to become the Interim Chair, Dept. of Family Medicine at a Michigan Facility!
- The Interim Chair, Dept. of Family Medicine will be responsible for the oversight of 20 FTEs in addition to 5+ direct reports.
- Responsible for implementing change within the department with a focus on improving culture and cohesiveness of the faculty and locations.
- Act as a mentor and support staff as well as work to instill a strong culture of diversity and inclusion within the organization.
- MD or DO required and Medical License in Michigan preferred.
- Must be available to start within 2 weeks upon acceptance.
- Kalamazoo, located in southwest Michigan, hosts the Kalamazoo Promise, three higher learning institutions, two nationally recognized healthcare systems, diverse and affordable housing, award-winning water and many parks, lakes and golf courses.
- Kalamazoo is a city that offers you a small town feel while still providing many cultural opportunities and attractions that you might only expect to find in larger metro areas, including music, visual art, dance and theatre.
- Each of the over twenty neighborhoods in Kalamazoo has unique characteristics, which makes Kalamazoo and fun and unique place to live.
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- Interim leadership gives you the chance to make immediate and lasting improvements. Learn more about being a B.E. Smith interim leader.
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.
- Some positions have specific licensing requirements. Check out our compact nursing license map for details!