The position of Acadiana Market President represents an outstanding opportunity to serve as the key leader for the Acadiana market for Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health system.
- The Acadiana market includes Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center (186 beds), Our Lady of Lourdes Heart Hospital (32 beds), and Our Lady of Lourdes Women’s & Children’s Hospital (110 beds).
- The Market President has the responsibility and accountability for sustaining the vitality of the Mission, Vision and Strategic Initiatives of The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System.
- The Market President will also take direct responsibility to maintain the financial viability of the market coupled with a culture of caring and open communication with all employees, community members, referring organizations and medical staff.
- The Market President reports to the System COO. The Market President will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain strong financial performance (currently the best performing market within the System)
- “Win the ground game” in a competitive environment
- Maintain quality initiatives
- Maintain and build relationships with the medical staff
- Continue to foster relationships with referring hospitals/markets
- Focus on a culture of inclusiveness and team building
- Be visible within the organization and the community
- Physician recruitment
- Work closely with the System COO from a strategic and market growth perspective
- The Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System is one of the largest healthcare systems based in Louisiana and is the leading healthcare provider for more than half of Louisiana’s population, as well as serves Mississippi’s largest metropolitan area. FMOLHS is a non-profit, Catholic organization sponsored by the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady.
- Headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, their ministry serves patients in Louisiana and Mississippi through a network of hospitals, clinics, physicians, elderly housing and integrated systems.
- Our Lady of Lourdes opened in 1949 with initial complement of 50 beds on St. Landry Street in Lafayette. After 60 years at the original site, the medical facility relocated to a newly constructed 396,000 square foot replacement facility on a 45-acre campus off Ambassador Caffery Parkway.
- The Lourdes' Replacement Facility opened in the summer of 2011 and has capacity to expand to 332 inpatient beds. The campus also has a 104,000 square foot medical office building connected to the medical center with several independent specialty groups and the newly expanded Lourdes JD Moncus Cancer Center.
- In June 2014, Park Place Surgical Hospital (a physician-owned JV with Lourdes), built a 120,000 square foot, four story medical office building and surgical center relocating on Ambassador Caffery campus. Lourdes purchased Women’s and Children’s Hospital from HCA in March 2019. The acquisition included the hospital (built in 1982 with an expansion in 2005), Elaine Junca Imaging Center, Kids Specialty Center, and 50.083% of Lafayette Surgicare (an ambulatory surgery center).
- Lourdes owns four medical office buildings on the Women’s campus. The acquisition aligns FMOLHS Vision 2020 to care for the vulnerable populations, notably children.
- Education: Master’s Degree in Business or Health Administration
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience in hospital management; including at least 5 years as a President/CEO
- Licensure: Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) preferred
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.