Seeking a managed care expert with strong analytics and contract negotiation skills for a position near NYC
- The Interim Managed Care Analyst/Contract Negotiator compiles, validates, and analyzes healthcare cost, quality and utilization data to aid in contract negotiations
- Determine the need fro process changes, propose target rates in favor of the organization and gather volume data of current reimbursements
- Reporting to the Director of Managed Care, the Interim will serve as a senior analyst to do basic data mining for hospital and professional services
- The Interim will assess risk and analyze claim data in preparation for payer contract negotiations
- Work with legal counsel to review and negotiate payer contract language
- Seeking someone who is fluent in claims data, CPT code, capitated contracts, payer reimbursement and value adjustments
- Must have strong managed care experience, knowledge of managed care contract negotiation, and analytical capabilities
- This is a staff level role with no direct reports
- Lagrangeville, part of the New York metropolitan area, is located in the Hudson Valley, midway between New York City and Albany
- The city is connected to Poughkeepsie, where residents enjoy hikes along the Appalachian Trail and strolls across the “Walkway over the Hudson”, which spans the Hudson River between Poughkeepsie
- Sitting less than two hours from New York City, the area offers easy access to many of the country’s most iconic sites, including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square and the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Interim Leadership with B.E. Smith
- The industry’s best Interim Leaders and Consultants choose B.E. Smith because of the firm's innovative employment model. The employment relationship is structured to provide you all the benefits of employment, while maintaining the flexibility you enjoy as an independent contractor.
- Upon accepting engagements, you may become eligible for a variety of benefits, including access to medical, dental and vision insurance; life insurance; AD&D; 401(k) retirement plan; and a flexible spending account (The availability of some benefits depends on the type and duration of the engagement).
- You are an employee of B.E. Smith. Taxes are withheld and B.E. Smith covers the employer portion of your FICA.
- Each interim healthcare executive job has different travel requirements. Your travel, lodging and business expenses are covered by B. E. Smith and the client.
- In a standard Interim Leadership arrangement, the client pays for travel home every other weekend.
- The client will also provide you with a rental car, as well as lodging that is clean, safe and in close proximity to the organization. Each is furnished and has a kitchen.