Become the next Director of Magnet/Professional Practice at a well-respected Level I Trauma Center and Academic Medical Center - University Medical Center of Southern Nevada!
- The Clinical Director, Professional Practice/Magnet is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the operations and staff of the Professional Practices team.
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, this leader will oversee a Clinical Education Manager and eight Clinical Instructors.
- This leader will be responsible for coordinating and conducting training and education seminars for nursing staff.
- Acting as a pivotal team player, actively contributing to and supporting the organization's journey towards achieving Magnet affiliation, fostering a culture of excellence and innovation in nursing.
- Ideal candidates will be highly organized, and visible leader. Must be capable of building effective working relationships with all staff, and communicate effectively. Previous P2E, Magnet experience with PTAP programs will be critical.
- Master’s degree in nursing required.
- Five years of recent clinical experience in the areas of responsibility and three years of experience in a clinical supervisory role.
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada is an academic medical center in Las Vegas and provides the state’s only Level I Trauma Center, Burn Center, Transplant Center and Designated Pediatric Trauma Centers.
- In the spirit of growth and providing optimal care, UMC plans to expand its services by constructing a second hospital and adding on to the existing medical center.
- UMC is a Joint Commission-accredited hospital licensed for 541 patient beds.
- UMC intends to explore partnership opportunities with nearby University of Nevada-Las Vegas (UNLV) in the near future.
- Las Vegas is an outdoor lover’s dream, being less than an hour from 52 mountain peaks, and offering a wide array of outdoor activities including biking, kayaking, hiking, skiing, and horseback riding.
- Book an excursion to admire breathtaking views of the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Red Rock and Death Valley, California.
- Enjoy the convenience of living in a city that is open 24/7, grocery stories, pharmacies, Starbucks, and many other services cater to customers around the clock.
- The illustrious city is also home to the notorious Las Vegas Strip, offering residents exciting nightlife with a plethora of entertainment options.
- Las Vegas draws visitors and professionals from all over due to its booming economy, growing housing market and diverse community.