Seeking Hands-On, Collaborative Leader as the Director of the Emergency Department.
- Reporting to the Vice President of Nursing, the Director provides strategic and operational leadership to the staff and programs of the emergency services unit.
- Develops and introduces approved standards and guidelines for emergency service programs.
- Management of regulatory compliance, budget and capital equipment, collaboration across departments to drive a high-level of patient care and project completion, and all staffing functions to include hiring, training, and retention.
- Seeking a visible, team-oriented leader to prioritize quality, patient safety, and physician partnerships.
- Requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Bachelors & Master’s degree in Nursing Required (Will consider in Progress)
- ENA certification preferred.
- Emergency nursing clinical background preferred.
- MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a member of MedStar Health, providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., with compassion and respect. 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians are committed to living our core SPIRIT values—Service, Patient first, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Teamwork—no matter where they work across our diverse health system.
- As a full-service community and nonprofit hospital, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital delivers state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient and outpatient care.
- In 2020, the hospital saw 7,786 inpatient admissions, 91,000+ outpatient visits, and 42,000+ ED visits, as well as was awarded an "A" Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
- Wineries, galleries, history and more make Leonardtown a great getaway just a short hop from Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, D.C.
- Home to the St. Mary’s Arts Council, art galleries, studios, shops and restaurants, the Leonardtown A&E District packs quite a punch into just 100, walkable acres.
- Port of Leonardtown has quickly become a fixture not only for the city, but for the East Coast wine community as a whole; a welcoming atmosphere plus fantastic wines made from locally grown grapes makes it a great spot to enjoy the day and taste gold-medal winning drinks.
- There’s just nothing like a city on the water, and Leonardtown, nestled on the banks of the Potomac River, features stirring sunset views or outdoor recreation like kayaking at the Wharf.