Seeking Hands-On, Collaborative Leader as the Director of the Emergency Department.
- Directs the staff and programs of the emergency services unit.
- Develops and introduces approved standards and guidelines for emergency service programs.
- Manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
- Requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Bachelors & Master’s degree in Nursing Required (Will consider in Progress)
- ENA certification preferred.
- Emergency nursing clinical background preferred.
- MedStar Health strives to provide the highest quality care for people in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., with compassion and respect.
- 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians are committed to living our core SPIRIT values—Service, Patient first, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Teamwork—no matter where they work across our diverse health system.
- MedStar Health uses the best of their minds and the best of their hearts to serve our patients, our communities, and our associates.
- Historic Leonardtown includes both a large public high school and a public middle school Leonardtown Middle School as well as a Catholic high school and an elementary school Leonardtown Elementary School, offices of the county government, and St. Mary's Hospital which serves the healthcare needs of the county
- Leonardtown is perhaps most famous for the national oyster-shucking championship that is held annually at the St. Mary's County fairgrounds.
- Leonardtown remains the only incorporated municipality in St. Mary’s County with its own elected Mayor and Town Council. Over the last decade the town has experienced a renaissance with the opening of new restaurants and shops, revitalization of its waterfront as well as several beautifully designed housing developments.
- In 2013 the Town received a coveted Arts and Entertainment Designation from the State of Maryland offering an even brighter future for years to come.