West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a highly qualified individual to join its leadership team as the Vice President of Finance and Facilities in historic Lewisburg, West Virginia.
- As the Vice President for Finance & Facilities at the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM), this individual holds a key leadership role within the organization. They are responsible for providing financial leadership and direction, advising the President on all fiscal and budgetary matters, and conducting financial planning and forecasting to support the President's decision-making process.
- The VP is responsible for developing the institutional budget and continuing fiscal stewardship, while working closely with the President and other members of the senior leadership team to ensure that the budget aligns with the school's strategic goals and objectives. They also ensure the budget is realistic and achievable, considering the school's financial resources and operating environment.
- The VP reports directly to the President and has the responsibility and authority for the development, organization, direction, and coordination of the preparation of the institutional budget. This also plays a key role in developing and implementing financial strategies to support the school's long-term growth and success,
- The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the culture and operations of the school. They should be hands-on, willing to roll up their sleeves and assess the current processes and look for ways to improve and update them as needed.
- This leader should have a strong financial background and a minimum of five years of experience at the Director or Vice President level, in either higher education financial management or governmental accounting in West Virginia. This experience will be important in ensuring that the Vice President is able to effectively communicate with stakeholders and make informed decisions that align with the school's goals and objectives.
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field or a Certified Public Account is required.
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM) is dedicated to serving, first and foremost, the state of West Virginia and the health care needs of its residents, emphasizing primary care in rural areas.
- WVSOM's personal touch combined with cutting-edge technology it the perfect place for future physicians to expand their minds while learning a personal, holistic approach to medicine.
- WVSOM blends the ease of living in a breathtaking mountain community with a nationally recognized faculty and innovative programs.
- WVSOM has a well-established reputation for its commitment to primary care and family medicine education. Being ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top medical schools in the nation for the past 23 years is a testament to the high-quality education and training that WVSOM provides. This ranking speaks to the school's focus on blending cutting-edge scientific knowledge with a compassionate, patient-centered approach to healthcare.
- Lewisburg, West Virginia is a charming town set at the crossroads of the Midland Trail, shopping, dining, theater and history are all readily available.
- Lewisburg is one of the state’s most walkable cities, with dozens of boutique shops, antique stores and art galleries lining its picturesque main street.
- The Greenbrier River Trail is a 78-mile former railroad line with uninterrupted hiking, biking and horseback riding opportunities. The trail cuts through some of the most remote areas in the state making this the perfect escape from reality.