Exciting leadership opportunity for a new, state-of-the-art adult psychiatric unit at one of New England’s most comprehensive behavioral healthcare facilities
- The Director, Adult Behavioral Health serves as the clinical and administrative leader of the Adult Substance Use Disorders Unit and Adult Psychiatric Unit, which is moving to a new 18-bed unit on the hospital’s top floor at the end of 2021.
- Management for the day-to-day operations of the two units, including financial management, survey readiness, and staff recruitment, orientation, development, and retention. The Director provides oversight for 34 FTEs.
- Seeking a collaborative leader to prioritize building partnerships with employees, providers, key stakeholders, and across departments to deliver optimal patient outcomes that are aligned with evidence-based practices.
- Must bring significant clinical Behavioral Health experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Registered Nurse, Master’s degree, and specialty certification preferred.
- St. Mary’s Health System is a member of Covenant Health, a faith-based, Catholic health delivery network and a leader in values-based, not-for-profit health and elder care, serving residents across New England.
- The health system is comprised of: St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, a 233-bed acute care facility and primary care provider network; St. Mary’s d'Youville Pavilion, one of the largest nursing homes in the state of Maine with skilled and nursing services; St. Mary's Residences, 128-apartment independent living center; and community clinical services.
- As one of New England's most comprehensive behavioral healthcare facilities, St. Mary's Regional Medical Center offers both child & adolescent and adult services.
- Lewiston is the second largest city in the state of Maine, known for playing host to annual festivals that include Liberty Festival, The Great Falls Balloon Festival, and the Emerge Film Festival.
- The city is proud of its diverse restaurant scene, historic landmarks, recreational access to the Androscoggin River, and proximity to the Maine coastline and Western mountains.
- Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy rock climbing on the pink granite cliffs of Acadia, flying alongside bald eagles in a hot air balloon, or surfing the waves that crash into the sandy beaches of Old Orchard.
- Lewiston is part of the Lewiston-Auburn metro area, often called the Twin Cities or “L/A,” and is 30 miles north of Portland, Maine, in the Maine Lakes and Mountains region. They are split by the Androscoggin River and its Great Falls and you can walk along the river between the two towns on the Auburn Riverwalk.