Join Retina-Vitreous Surgeons of Central New York, a physician-owned practice as their next Chief Financial Officer in Syracuse, New York!
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices across five locations within Retina-Vitreous Surgeons (RVS) including Syracuse, Watertown, Ithaca, Binghamton, and New Hartford.
- The CFO will work as a vital member of the executive team and will assist in strategic planning, while delivering essential financial information to all involved parties as it pertains to billing requirements, budgets, and financial planning.
- The CFO will oversee accounting processes including audits and tax reporting and will be responsible for financial and metric reporting to executive leaders and board members.
- This leader will oversee budgeting while identifying, evaluating, and executing financial strategies to ensure that program expenses are sustainable while maximizing revenues throughout the organization.
- Seeking a strategic leader who will be able to enhance effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity throughout the organization while guiding staff members towards the achievement of organizational performance improvement goals.
- The CFO must strive to uphold the customer-focused culture the organization provides while simultaneously seeking ways to strengthen services provided while maintaining the financial structure throughout the organization.
- This leader must bring excellent critical thinking skills, forecasting strategies, interpersonal/negotiation skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics to be able to shape the overall direction of the organization while instilling a strong and strategic financial approach.
- Seeking a hands-on leader who values a team mindset and will be able to create trusting and positive working relationships with staff, physicians, and executive leadership.
- The CFO must bring strong collaboration, communication, analytical skills, and must be able to efficiently prioritize, delegate, and execute tasks as they pertain to financial performance.
- Candidates will ideally bring strong experience within a retina and/or ophthalmology setting and will bring extensive knowledge pertaining to KPI, revenue cycle, accounting, and margins.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- CPA certification is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of health experience is required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in CFO leadership and/or equivalent experience.
- Retina-Vitreous Surgeons (RVS) of Central New York has been a regional and national leader in the management of retinal disorders for over 50 years and provide state-of-the-art compassionate care to patients within their communities.
- RVS offers multiple office locations for their patients including Syracuse, Watertown, Binghamton, Ithaca, and New Hartford and are a proud affiliate of Upstate Medical University as well as Veterans Administration Hospital.
- RVS is a physician-owned practice equipped with board-certified and fellowship-trained retinal physicians who collaborate closely with medical students and skilled ophthalmologists to equip their practice locations and communities with optimized patient care.
- RVS offers a wide array of retinal treatments including lattice degeneration, retinal tears, occlusion, diabetic retinopathy, and choroidal melanoma.
- Syracuse, New York is part of the Central New York Finger Lakes region, which is recognized as a culturally diverse community with excellent schools, affordable housing, numerous recreational and social activities, and beautiful seasonal weather.
- Syracuse is known to be vibrant arts and entertainment scene, and offers a wide variety of art galleries, museums, theatres, and live music. Enjoy the Museum of Science and Technology, The Everson Museum of Art, or catch a show at the Landmark Theatre.
- If you’re hungry, you’re in luck. Syracuse is home to a wide array of culinary experiences including steak from 110 Grill, Seafood from 317 at Montgomery Street, or brick-oven pizza from Pavone's Pizza. If you’re looking for drinks, Syracuse offers multiple breweries and pubs including Al’s Wine & Whiskey Lounge, A.W Wander, or 1911 Established.
- Syracuse is home to multiple colleges and universities but is best known as being the home of Syracuse University. In addition to higher education, Syracuse also offers more than one-dozen public and private school districts for school-aged children.