Join a Level I Trauma Center as their new Unit Director, Emergency Department, at a Magnet-designated Academic Medical Center in sunny Los Angeles, California!
- The Unit Director, Emergency Department, will be responsible for maintaining efficient functions of designated nursing units and will serve as a resource for supervisory needs for staff members as well as any decisions regarding patient care.
- Reporting to the Senior Director, the Unit Director will demonstrate a passion and commitment around helping create and maintain a positive and collaborative culture and will strive to foster positive working relationships with staff, physicians, and senior leadership members while focusing strongly on staff wellness throughout the department.
- Additional areas of responsibility include budget management, regulatory compliance, and the direction of all clinical activities that encompass patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management.
- The Unit Director will employ evidence-based best practices to drive strategies around improving throughput and departmental culture, recruiting, and retaining strong nursing staff, and strengthening the overall patient care throughout the department.
- Seeking a hands-on leader to engage with and provide leadership development to staff within the ED, as well as intentionally partner with physicians, hospital inpatient departments, and system leadership, all with a focus on delivering exceptional patient care.
- Candidates will ideally bring 5+ years of Emergency Services experience, including 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Master’s degree is required; Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree is preferred.
- Active California RN license is required.
- Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis in southern California, with the Pacific Ocean to its West and the San Gabriel Mountains to its East.
- With its year-round Mediterranean climate, Los Angeles is the perfect place to get outside and be active - the city offers hiking trails for every level of hiker, exciting mountain biking trails, and miles of beaches offering robust waves and hidden coves.
- The city boasts thriving restaurant and bar scenes with world-famous restaurants owned by iconic chefs like Wolfgang Puck, and speakeasy-themed bars with secret entrances and passwords.
- Sunset Boulevard alone sets corporate skyscrapers next to artsy villages, with cultural marketplaces just a few miles from upscale shopping.