Join Martin Luther King Jr Community Hospital in the ‘City of Angels’ as the Director of the Emergency Department and Clinical Observation Area
- The Director of the Emergency Department and Clinical Observation Area is responsible for the clinical practice of nursing and the delivery of patient care on the Critical Care units, including the identification and demonstration of abilities to meet special needs and considerations of Age and Population Specific awareness.
- The Director will oversee the development of staff competency through assessment and education, compliance with regulatory and professional standards, improvement of quality, service levels, safety, customer satisfaction, and of collaborative relationships.
- Focusing on developing interpersonal relationships with all staff and physicians to promote efficient teamwork and quality patient care.
- Seeking a candidate who models leadership and professionalism while holding the staff accountable. Must have a background in providing care for the underserved community.
- Active RN license required.
- BSN required; MSN preferred.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital opened in 2015. Recognizing they had a unique opportunity to reinvent the way care is delivered in safety-net communities.
- Their goal is to provide care equal to that found in more affluent areas and that commitment is reflected in everything they do.
- From the beautiful, state-of-the-art facilities to the best-in-class technology, systems and operations, to their mission-driven providers from the nation’s leading academic centers, they have established an intentional, quality-driven healthcare culture to address South LA’s most pressing health problems.
- MLKCH provides maternity, critical and inpatient care via its 131-bed hospital and primary & specialty care in our outpatient doctors’ offices throughout South LA.
- Los Angeles is the largest city in California by population, and the second largest city in the country by population. There are 88 incorporated cities in L.A. County. The City of Los Angeles is the largest by population and the smallest is Vernon (population 112).
- Los Angeles isn’t just one city, it’s many. With breathtaking beaches and incredible movie studios, it’s hard not to get lost in all the things you can do.
- Dining, shopping, great weather, outdoor adventures, major sporting events, everything is available.