Join Martin Luther King Jr Community Hospital in the ‘City of Angels’ as the Human Resources Director!
- Reporting directly to the VP of HR and working hand-in-hand with the Comp/Benefit Director, the Human Resources Director will oversee approximately 5 FTEs and be responsible for all aspects of HR as it pertains to assisting employees and leaders with Employee Relations, Retention and Recognition.
- The Director will prepare for and ensure survey readiness, work collaboratively with Senior Leadership to maintain strategic initiative and daily operations, as well as focus on the creation of proactive labor relations and employee recognition.
- Ideal candidates will act as an employee advocate and demonstrate excellent work ethic, flexibility, and strategic, forward thinking as well as the ability to create, develop, and innovate effectively.
- Develops and implements Human Resource policies and procedures while additionally providing direction, training and guidance to managers with respect to counseling, discipline and other employee relations programs and HR operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources Management with significant hospital or health care experience preferred.
- Human Resources certification preferred.
- Opening their doors in 2015, Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital is a fairly new, private nonprofit, safety-net hospital serving 1.3 million residents in South Los Angeles. Our new hospital opened in 2015 through a unique public/private partnership with the County of Los Angeles, the University of California, and other healthcare providers.
- The Board of Directors of Martin Luther King, Jr. – Los Angeles Healthcare Corporation (MLK-LA), which governs and operates the hospital, is committed to establishing an innovative model focused on patient-centered, coordinated care delivery, both inside and beyond the hospital walls.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital is licensed and accredited for 131 beds and provides general acute care.
- Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis in southern California, with the Pacific Ocean to its West and the San Gabriel Mountains to its East.
- With its year-round Mediterranean climate, Los Angeles is the perfect place to get outside and be active - the city offers hiking trails for every level of hiker, exciting mountain biking trails, and miles of beaches offering robust waves and hidden coves.
- The city boasts thriving restaurant and bar scenes with world-famous restaurants owned by iconic chefs like Wolfgang Puck, and speakeasy-themed bars with secret entrances and passwords.
- Sunset Boulevard alone sets corporate skyscrapers next to artsy villages, with cultural marketplaces just a few miles from upscale shopping.