Exciting Director opportunity to lead a nationally ranked heart and vascular program with the Duke Heart affiliated CV service line at UNC Southeastern Health
- The Director provides administrative and strategic leadership to the UNC Health Southeastern Heart and Vascular Service Line, ensuring the delivery of high-quality cardiovascular inpatient and outpatient care in alignment with Duke Heart Network’s (DHN) mission
- The Service line Director provides overall leadership, direction and management responsibilities for the cardiovascular program at UNC Health Southeastern (Southeastern), providing high quality cardiovascular care in a safe, compassionate, efficient, and fiscally responsible environment
- The Director ensures services are designed to meet the needs of cardiovascular patients and referring physicians within Southeastern Health’s service area and meet the needs of the staff within and across the Southeastern Health Heart & Vascular Service Line and continuum of care
- Oversight is approximately 90 FTEs to include the CV Intensive Care Unit (CVICU), Cardiovascular Progressive Care Patient Care Unit, Heart and Vascular Operating Rooms (CVORs), Perfusion Services, and Cardiac catheterization lab.
- This role reports to Duke Network Services’ Assistant Vice President, Subspecialty Affiliations and Southeastern Health’s Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer and additionally accountability to the Vice President of Duke Network Services as well as the Clinical Director and CMIO for Duke Health Network
- Seeking a proactive and data-driven leader with strong presentation and reporting skills who can create effective partnerships with executive boards, leadership, and staff across Southeastern Health and the Duke Heart Network.
- Requires a minimum of seven years business experience in such areas as hospital administration, provider strategic planning, business and operations planning, market research and financial analysis OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of cardiovascular service line management experience strongly preferred
- Duke cardiology and heart surgery program is nationally ranked, and the highest ranked program in North Carolina, according to U.S. News & World Report for 2020–2021
- The Duke Heart Network links community-based cardiovascular programs with the expertise of Duke Health
- With the resources of the Duke Heart Center, our multidisciplinary team of experts collaborates with affiliates to translate the latest evidence-based guidelines into best practices to enhance the quality of cardiovascular care in their local communities.
- In addition, the Duke Heart Network facilitates process improvement to achieve exceptional outcomes through balanced scorecards, benchmarking and support of continuous learning through ongoing education.
- As an affiliate of the Duke Heart Network, Southeastern Health Heart and Vascular combines various diagnostic procedures, surgical treatments, medical management and percutaneous procedures, all focused on heart and vascular disease
- UNC Southeastern Regional Medical Center is part of Southeastern Health, a non-profit comprehensive health care system that is licensed for 452 beds and offers a wide array of health care services through its affiliated divisions
- With a history dating back to 1906, Southeastern Regional Medical Center is a DNV GL – Healthcare accredited hospital licensed for 292 general acute care beds and 33 psychiatry beds. The hospital provides a combination of acute care, intensive care, and psychiatric services to more than 15,000 inpatients and 61,000 emergency patients annually
- Lumberton, North Carolina, is the midpoint between New York and Florida, located less than two hours from the North Carolina coast and the Raleigh and Chapel Hill areas and within three hours of Charlotte, North Carolina, and Charleston, South Carolina.
- Hike and bike on the Riverwalk near Historic Downtown as you enjoy the beauty of the Lumber River, listed as a National Wild and Scenic River and voted one of North Carolina’s Top Ten Natural Wonders.
- With a much lower than average cost of living, the natural setting of Lumberton contributes to its charm almost as much as the people.