Non-Profit Gold Seal Approved Illinois Hospital is searching for their new Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer
- The Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer will oversee the planning, budgeting, patient care operations, and the overall direction of the multiple areas of the hospital.
- This position will serve as the expert, mentor, consultant, team leader, and facilitator in all responsible departments.
- Focusing on developing, implementing, and evaluating assigned clinical systems.
- Seeking a leader with current knowledge of leadership, management, and performance improvement concepts, and the ability to participate in developing and implementing strategies to address opportunities for improving patient care delivered to the hospital's customers. Overseeing approximately 10 direct reports and reporting to the CEO.
- Active IL RN license required.
- Masters in nursing or community health education required.
- Ten years of progressive experience in nursing and patient care management with proven ability required.
- Negotiation, strategic planning, and project management experience required.
- Certification in advanced healthcare administration preferred.
- McDonough District Hospital (MDH) is the only hospital in McDonough County, Illinois, and is equipped with 48-licensed acute care beds and more than 500 employees.
- MDH is a not-for-profit health care provider and earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for quality care.
- Other accreditations include the College of American Pathologists, the American College of Radiology, a Level II Perinatal Center, and designation as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital and “Memory and Aging Network” site for the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- In February 2020, the hospital added 4,800 square feet of new building space plus 7,200 square feet of renovated space in its Women’s Center. Recent additions also include a 15-bed psych facility in 2015 and a three-floor expansion and renovation for Emergency Services, Behavioral Health, and Rehabilitation Services.
- Macomb, Illinois, is home to Division 1 Western Illinois University and Spoon River College. The province is brimming with activities, with state parks, retail, recreation, agriculture, manufacturing, amusements, and endless scenic landscapes.
- The town provides small town charm as well as access to large metropolitan areas with only a three-hour drive to St. Louis and twice daily Amtrak service to Chicago.
- Macomb is a great place to raise a family, priding itself on strong Midwestern values and an excellent education system.