Director of Information Systems Needed to Drive Efficiencies Across Hospital!
- The Director of Information Systems provides operational and strategic leadership to the Information Systems (IS) Department, which includes informatics, programming, network administration, security analysis, and application, equipment, and system support.
- The Director will serve as the IS subject matter expert for hospital and physician leadership, as well as provide clear direction and mentoring to the department’s team, to ensure efficient practices, processes, and systems.
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and overseeing a team of 11 employees, the Director will be responsible for partnering with IS vendors, project managing information technology projects, developing information technology budgets and security strategy, and preparing complex analytical reports to present the department’s activities.
- Must bring hospital-based leadership experience; Cerner experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- McDonough District Hospital (MDH) is the only hospital in McDonough County, Illinois, and is equipped with 48-licensed acute care beds and more than 500 employees.
- MDH is a not-for-profit health care provider and earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for quality care.
- Other accreditations include the College of American Pathologists, the American College of Radiology, a Level II Perinatal Center, and designation as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital and “Memory and Aging Network” site for the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- In February 2020, the hospital added 4,800 square feet of new building space plus 7,200 square feet of renovated space in its Women’s Center. Recent additions also include a 15-bed psych facility in 2015 and a three-floor expansion and renovation for Emergency Services, Behavioral Health, and Rehabilitation Services.
- Macomb, Illinois, is home to Division 1 Western Illinois University and Spoon River College. The province is brimming with activities, with state parks, retail, recreation, agriculture, manufacturing, amusements, and endless scenic landscapes.
- The town provides small town charm as well as access to large metropolitan areas with only a three-hour drive to St. Louis and twice daily Amtrak service to Chicago.
- Macomb is a great place to raise a family, priding itself on strong Midwestern values and an excellent education system.