Join SSM Health, a nonprofit health system spanning four states, as the Regional Director of Case Management and Social Work with leadership for the system’s seven Wisconsin hospitals
- The Regional Director of Case Management and Social Work is responsible for operations within case management, utilization review, discharge planning, clinical documentation improvement and social services for SSM Health’s Wisconsin region that includes seven acute care hospitals.
- Seeking a seasoned leader with strengths in utilization management to establish structure in the department, optimize workflows, foster change, and engage staff.
- Ideal candidates will bring change management leadership in order to implement process improvement initiatives around streamlining utilization review, case management, social services, and clinical documentation.
- Oversee strategic and administrative demands for the department including long-term goal setting, regulatory compliance, metrics, staff performance & engagement, budget, and program development.
- Active Registered Nursing license and BSN required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have 5+ years of experience leading care management, UR/UM, and/or social services in a healthcare/in-patient hospital setting.
- SSM Health’s Wisconsin region includes seven hospitals: Ripon Community Hospital, St. Agnes Hospital-Fond du Lac, Waupun Memorial Hospital, St. Clare Hospital-Baraboo, St. Mary’s Hospital-Janesville, St. Mary’s Hospital-Madison, and Monroe Hospital. Additionally, SSM Health in Wisconsin is comprised of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities, as well as various affiliations with community hospitals and care facilities to provide convenient patient care whenever possible.
- SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit, Magnet-designated health system with more than 40,000 employees and 11,000 providers across the Midwest. With care delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma and Wisconsin, SSM Health includes 23 hospitals, more than 290 physician offices and other outpatient and virtual care services.
- In 2021, SSM Health and Optum, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), announced an innovative collaboration focused on making quality care more accessible and affordable for people across the Midwest through:
- Using clinical technologies, advanced analytic tools and delivery of data-driven insights at the point of care to reduce care variation and co-develop an inpatient care delivery model that improves quality and patient outcomes, while reducing unnecessary costs.
- Implementing new and best-in-class technologies to innovate and streamline the billing experience for patients and providers and accelerate SSM Health’s progress to market-leading patient satisfaction across all revenue cycle operations.
- Advancing consumer engagement by designing a seamless digital experience that spans the patient journey. This will simplify patient access to the care and services they need, improving their experiences and resulting in stronger provider-patient relationships, increased patient loyalty and lower costs.
- Madison, Wisconsin residents enjoy many attractions and activities including sporting events, art galleries, and museums, performing arts centers and great shopping and dining.
- This scenic state capital is located near numerous lakes and protected parks, offering access to pristine fishing opportunities and miles of hiking and biking trails.
- Take advantage of the Dane County Farmers' Market, the largest producer-only farmers' market in the country, on Saturday mornings in the summer, or free concerts performed by the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra’s every week.
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Chicago, Illinois are both easily accessible, offering endless entertainment options.