Work as the AVP, Surgical/Musculoskeletal for WellStar Health System, a highly-awarded-and-acclaimed health network near Atlanta, Georgia!
- The Associate Vice President of Surgical/Musculoskeletal Services will head system-wide services within a matrixed environment.
- Goals include optimizing anesthesia (improvements to throughput), implementing protocol development that includes current evidence-based practices, enhancing supply standardization initiatives, and working on capital planning and budgeting (partnering with the biomedical team here to budget for new equipment).
- This leader will work to develop strong relationships with administration, nurses, and physicians. The ideal candidate will be able to juggle multiple priorities and be comfortable/familiar with working in a physician dyad.
- Being the state’s largest trauma system, prior trauma experience is a plus.
- A master’s degree is required, to be considered for this role.
- Nationally ranked and locally recognized for high-quality care, inclusive culture, and exceptional doctors and caregivers, WellStar Health System is one of the largest and one of the most integrated healthcare systems in Georgia.
- WellStar Health System’s state-of-the-art facilities include 11 hospitals, 250+ medical office locations, 9 cancer centers, 55 rehabilitation centers, 3 hospice facilities, 1 retirement village, 21 imaging centers, 15 urgent care locations, and 5 health parks.
- As a not-for-profit health system, WellStar’s passion for people extends beyond the system and into the communities served. Each year, WellStar thoughtfully reinvests in the creation of healthier communities through prevention and wellness programs and charity care for eligible patients.
- Marietta, one of Atlanta’s largest suburbs, boasts a mild climate and an array of entertainment options including museums, live theatres, and unique, delicious restaurants.
- With easy access to Atlanta (known as the “city in a forest”), you’ll be able to enjoy the suburban lifestyle with big-city amenities like professional sporting events, world-class shopping, and a bevy amusement parks.
- Despite its close proximity to Atlanta, the cost of living in Marietta is considerably lower and residents enjoy fairly short commutes when driving into the city – typically around 30 minutes.
- With over 30 colleges and universities located in the city, Atlanta is considered a center for higher education, not to mention its diverse music scene and the largest airport in the world.
- The National Civic League judged Marietta one of the 10 best communities in the nation as a 2006 All-America City, the oldest and most-respected community recognition award in the country.
- From the popular farmers market to shows or emerging and established painters and sculptors, there is entertainment around every corner.