Join one of Georgia’s premier healthcare systems, and lead System Procedural Services/Operations for nine hospitals, as the new System Vice President of Surgical & Procedural Operations with WellStar Health System in Atlanta!
- The System Vice President of Surgical & Procedural Operations will be responsible for oversight of strategic, operational, and quality initiatives for Perioperative and Procedural operations within the WellStar Health System.
- Scope includes oversight of all Perioperative and Procedural services, including all service line operations, for nine hospitals ranging from Perioperative Services, Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Pre-Admissions Testing, Pre/Post Operative, Sterile Processing Department, Outpatient Surgery, Vascular Services and Gastrointestinal Laboratories.
- Working in an administrative dyad with the Chief Surgical Officer and President, this leader will collaboratively work to own execution of strategies, quality oversight, standardization of care, and value analysis initiatives across the service line.
- Must be capable of building strategic, and innovative ideas around surgical services, and implement across the health system.
- Experience partnering with and overseeing components of Anesthesia Services will be important, as well as producing easily reviewable analytics/dashboards highlighting key metrics for Procedural Services across the system.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, with excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence, and a collaborative leadership approach. The ability to think strategically will be critical. Previous experience working to better patient care within a Teaching or Academic Medical environment is highly preferred.
- Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, or related field required. RN highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years in a Senior Level position overseeing Procedural Services.
- Marietta, one of Atlanta’s largest suburbs, boasts a mild climate and an array of entertainment options like museums, live theatres, and unique restaurants.
- With easy access to Atlanta, you will be able to enjoy the suburban lifestyle with big-city amenities like professional sporting events, world-class shopping, and amusement parks.
- The National Civic League judged Marietta one of the ten best communities in the nation as a 2006 All-America City, the oldest and most respected community recognition award in the country.
- From the popular farmers market to shows or emerging and established painters and sculptors, there is entertainment around every corner.
- Wellstar Health System, the largest health system in Georgia, is known nationally for its innovative care models that are focused on quality improvement and increased access to healthcare.
- WellStar Health System’s state-of-the-art facilities include 9 hospitals, 300+ medical office locations, 9 cancer centers, 55 rehabilitation centers, 3 hospice facilities, 1 retirement village, 21 imaging centers, 15 urgent care locations, and 5 health parks.
- Nationally ranked and locally recognized for high-quality care, inclusive culture, and exceptional doctors and caregivers, WellStar Health System is one of the largest and one of the most integrated healthcare systems in Georgia.
- As a not-for-profit health system, WellStar’s passion for people extends beyond the system and into the communities served. Each year, WellStar thoughtfully reinvests in the creation of healthier communities through prevention and wellness programs and charity care for eligible patients.
- The National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) named Wellstar one of the Top 10 Nonprofit Companies for Executive Women for 2017. For the ninth year in a row, Wellstar has ranked on the Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies List.