Named as ‘Top Rural Hospital in the nation’, Sarah Bush Lincoln is eager to add a Medical Record Director to their team!
- The Medical Record Director is responsible for staffing, operations, planning and development for the Medical Record Management Department.
- Provide direction for all health information management activities as well as develop, implement, and evaluate departmental policies and standards to maintain high level service quality.
- Fosters and forms positive partnerships with staff and senior leadership, retains and selects employees who fit a culture of excellence and supports employees in educational and professional growth opportunities.
- Ideal candidates will demonstrate attention to detail and excellence in relationship building.
- Previous experience in the areas of record release, encryption, and particularly coding required.
- Must bring significant previous experience in the area of people management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Sarah Bush Lincoln is a 149-bed, not-for-profit, regional hospital centrally located in East Central Illinois' Coles County, and is the recipient of the Illinois Performance Excellence Gold Award for Achievement of Excellence, the highest performance honors in the state.
- It is also ranked better than the top 6% of rural hospitals, naming it a Top Rural Hospital in the nation by Leapfrog, a well-respected organization that examines quality.
- Sarah Bush Lincoln is accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest standards-setting and accrediting body in healthcare.
- The Health Center provides a full range of acute care services to residents of Coles County and the surrounding nine counties. Home health services extend to the surroundings 19 counties in East Central and Southern Illinois.
- Active and consulting medical staffs include approximately 189 providers representing 28 specialties. It is the recipient of the Leapfrog “A” rating, Women’s Choice Award in Cardiology and Orthopedics and is an A+ rated hospital by Standard & Poor’s.
- Some of the services provided by the Health Center include: a Regional Cancer Center, a Heart Center with Cardiac Catheterization and rehabilitation, a Surgery Center, Women & Children's Services, a Level II Perinatal Unit, Medical-Surgical units, Behavioral Health Services, a Sleep Disorders Center, Diagnostic Imaging Services, and Laboratory.
- Mattoon embodies everything good about life in Central Illinois: convenient location, small town cohesiveness, excellent real estate values; a strong economy, a working downtown area, history, wide variety of sports, lakes and housing opportunities to support a variety of contemporary and traditional lifestyles.
- The town’s name honors William Mattoon, who helped construct the Terre Haute and Alton Railroad. The projected junction of this rail line with the Illinois Central in 1854 convinced local settlers that the land was an ideal site for a community.
- The City of Mattoon, Illinois provides both residents and visitors a number of resources – recreational opportunities, art and entertainment venues, retail centers and a host of dining and lodging options. With a population of more than 20,000 residents, Mattoon offers a quality of life in the region that is second to none.
- Located at the intersection of interstate highway I-57 & IL Rt. 16 Mattoon is just 45 minutes away from the University of Illinois and has easy interstate access to all the major cities of Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
- State of the art schools & colleges, a growing economy, beautiful parks, lakes and sports amenities round out the more favorable quality of life found in Mattoon.