Lead Department and Drive Strategic Initiatives as New Director of Case Management at South Texas Health System McAllen, the System’s Flagship Hospital!
- The Director of Case Management provides operational and strategic oversight to the Department to include 19 FTEs covering case management, social work, and utilization review.
- This collaborative leader must partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive initiatives around length of stay, readmissions, and patient satisfaction metrics.
- Reporting to the hospital Chief Financial Officer, the Director will utilize best practices and relevant data to evaluate the department and identify improvement areas.
- Seeking a leader with a working knowledge of value-based purchasing and discharge planning software.
- Must bring 8+ years of case management experience, at least three of which are in a leadership role in an acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- A Registered Nurse is strongly preferred.
- South Texas Health System McAllen is the 441-bed, flagship hospital for South Texas Health System. The health system is a network of six acute care hospitals and one behavioral health hospital, which together, provide care for patients throughout Southern Texas
- A Joint Commission Gold accredited facility, McAllen is the region’s Advanced Level II Trauma Center, a certified primary stroke center, an accredited chest pain center, and has an accredited knee replacement program.
- McAllen was awarded an ‘A’ Leapfrog hospital safety grade in 2019 and sees 32,000+ emergency room visits per year.
- McAllen, Texas, with 143,000+ residents, is located at the southern tip of the state in the Rio Grande Valley and is about 70 miles west of the Gulf of Mexico.
- The area is a diverse landscape positioned on a major flyway/migratory path of birds between North and South America, making it the most productive birding location in North America. Other outdoor recreation includes the Bicentennial Bike Path, the Zinnia Spray Water Park, and the Palm View Golf Course.
- McAllen also offers plenty of America’s best-known restaurants, as well as hundreds of local specialty dining establishments. The arts and nightlife are thriving in McAllen, where you’ll find a myriad of live music venues, Broadway shows, art galleries, museums, and much more.
- McAllen is best known for its low cost of living, great educational system, culture, and exceptional weather.