Deliver service line growth and clinical expertise as the Director of Operating Room for a Texas heart hospital
- The Director of Operating Room provides support and leadership to a 60-bed heart hospital, focusing primarily on development of the OR, which handles roughly 1,600 procedures annually
- Oversee daily operations related to fiscal management, patient care, physician satisfaction, resource management and department growth (launching new services lines and attracting higher volume)
- The Director is a confident communicator with the ability to hold both staff and physicians accountable regarding OR scheduling and organizational reporting structures
- Must have BSN and significant cardiac background, plus previous OR leadership experience
- South Texas Health System Heart in McAllen is a 60-bed heart hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient cardiac care and operates as an accredited chest pain center
- South Texas Health System Heart, one of the first freestanding cardiology and cardiovascular hospitals built in the United States, is dedicated solely to heart-related medical needs for patients
- South Texas Health System Heart is equipped with a full-service emergency department, as well as a bariatric surgery center
- The flagship McAllen hospital for South Texas Health System is a Joint Commission Gold accredited facility that serves as the region’s Advanced Level II Trauma Center, a certified primary stroke center and has an accredited knee replacement program
- The McAllen facility was awarded an ‘A’ Leapfrog hospital safety grade in 2019 and sees 32,000+ emergency room visits per year.
- McAllen, Texas, with 143,000+ residents, is located at the southern tip of the state in the Rio Grande Valley and is about 70 miles west of the Gulf of Mexico.
- The area is a diverse landscape positioned on a major flyway/migratory path of birds between North and South America, making it the most productive birding location in North America. Other outdoor recreation includes the Bicentennial Bike Path, the Zinnia Spray Water Park, and the Palm View Golf Course.
- McAllen also offers plenty of America’s best-known restaurants, as well as hundreds of local specialty dining establishments. The arts and nightlife are thriving in McAllen, where you’ll find a myriad of live music venues, Broadway shows, art galleries, museums, and much more.
- McAllen is best known for its low cost of living, great educational system, culture, and exceptional weather.