Seeking an exceptional leader with a proven track record of successful operations management within an acute care hospital setting.
Methodist University Hospital (MUH) has partnered with AMN Leadership Solutions to conduct a national search for a new President. We are seeking an exceptional leader with a proven track record of successful operations management within an acute care hospital setting.
The President of MUH has overall responsibility for the management, performance, and strategic direction of the hospital and to lead the team to drive toward excellence with the expectation of strong outcomes on safety, quality and patient experience. The President is accountable for optimum performance through the supervision of overall day to day operations of the hospital and must model behavior as exemplified in the MLH Power of One culture.
MUH is the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Methodist Le Bonheur Health system. It is a 617-bed facility located in the heart of the Memphis Medical Center and as the major academic campus and principal teaching hospital of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, the organization brings together research, medicine and innovation. This partnership supports multidisciplinary collaboration among doctors and clinical team members, leading to more advanced medical care for patients.
Methodist Le Bonheur Health (MLH) is an integrated health delivery system, dedicated to the art of healing through a faith-based commitment to minister to the whole person and to serve the entire community. Their brand is the promise they give to their patients, associates, physicians and community. Rooted in the values of service, quality, integrity, teamwork and innovation, their culture – The Power of One - is at the heart of everything they do; from treating patients and partnering with families to hiring new associates and volunteering in the community.
The System includes six hospitals, several ambulatory centers and physicians that serve the greater Memphis community. It is consistently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Regional Hospital.
- Possesses a Bachelor’s Degree with a Master’s Degree in business, finance, health care management, public health or a related field required.
- A minimum of 10 years of senior management healthcare operational leadership experience as a Chief Operating Officer or as a Chief Executive Officer in a large, sophisticated integrated delivery system in a competitive market, preferably multi-institutional or within an academic medical center or complex community teaching hospital is preferred.
- Previous experience working in an academic environment would be helpful to clearly understand the GME expectations as well as town-gown issues.
- Ability to understand and prepare complex materials, such as business plans.
- Ability to communicate verbally with all levels of Associates, executives, community leaders, and physicians, etc.
- Ability to lead and motivate individuals and groups of people toward the accomplishment of work and company goals.
- Skill in negotiating with and between individuals and groups of people including management, community leaders and physicians.
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and projects and to maintain control of own and others' workflow.
- Skill in developing and implementing long-range plans and programs.
- Ability to work without close supervision or professional guidance and to exercise independent judgment.
This search is being led by the Executive and Physician Leadership Search Group of AMN Leadership Solutions, a division of AMN Healthcare. AMN Healthcare is the leader and innovator in total talent solutions for healthcare organizations across the nation.