Join a Level II Trauma Center and teaching hospital as the Administrative Director of Nursing – Emergency Services with Methodist University Hospital in Memphis, TN
- The Administrative Director of Nursing will collaborate in the planning for clinical care services and assures implementation of key strategies to meet system and facility goals for clinical care, service, and financial results of the 57 bed Emergency department.
- The Administrative Director will ensure the effectiveness of the clinical service demonstrated by the outcome metrics and will provide leadership and coaching to see that the goals implemented by the organization are met. This will include providing leadership to the clinical departments regarding fiscal development and management.
- Seeking an improvement-minded leader who can hold staff accountable while simultaneously conducting themselves to be approachable to ensure that they are capable of building effective working relationships with staff members as well as leadership.
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support is required.; Board certification in healthcare management (CHI) and/or nurse administrator is preferred.
- BSN degree required; Masters preferred.
- Methodist University Hospital is a 583-bed facility, the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Methodist Healthcare System, located in the heart of the Memphis Medical Center.
- In 2019, Methodist University Hospital opened a new 450,000-square-foot, nine-story tower as part of the campus’ $275 million campus expansion project.
- The University Hospital brings together research, medicine, and innovation, as the major academic campus and primary teaching hospital of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Rooted in the values of service, quality, integrity, teamwork, and innovation, Methodist’s culture, The Power of One, is at the heart of everything, from treating patients and partnering with families, to hiring new associates and volunteering in the community.
- Methodist has received countless awards, including being ranked nationally in eight children’s specialties and a Most Wired designation for the exceptional way the hospital uses technology to engage with patients.
- Memphis, Tennessee, is a growing city also known as the “Urban Playground” that boasts a wide range of cultures that are represented through its people, cuisine, businesses, music, and entertainment. It is also known for its welcoming Southern hospitality, which is endless, much like its vibrant music scene.
- Memphis is the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll and offers a wide variety of entertainment options including endless entertainment on Beale Street, known as the Home of the Blues. The city also hosts several music festivals and events, as well as recording studios and music attractions.
- Situated on the Mississippi River, Memphis offers an array of cultural and historical attractions and world-famous BBQ with more than a dozen options to chose from, many in which are award winning. You can also find an array of soul food, authentic Italian and Mexican cuisine, as well as many breweries and distilleries.
- The city holds popular attractions and activities including Elvis Presley’s Graceland, The National Civil Rights Museum, Memphis Zoo, Memphis Music Hall of Fame, and even more. Memphis also offers other indoor activities including shopping, the Orpheum Theatre, and the Historical Haunts ghost tours.
- Memphis offers affordable housing within the booming real estate market and is well known for its affordable living costs. In addition, Memphis is growing and changing their education system to serve the next generation and offer 18 public school districts, over 100 private schools, and all together are responsible for the education of more than 250,000 students.