Drive business demand and administration of the orthopedic and neurosurgery service lines as the next Director with Methodist University Hospital, a teaching hospital in Memphis
- The Director for Orthopedics and Neurosurgery supports perioperative services, overseeing business development, financial management, regulatory compliance and administrative needs for ortho and neuro
- Demonstrate an ability to work alongside highly trained surgeons and serve as an engaging, visible resource to service line staff
- Must have Master’s degree and 5+ years managing a hospital service line as an administrator or clinical leader
- Requires professional experience in neurosciences/neurosurgery, with supporting background in orthopedics
- Magnet or academic hospital experience strongly preferred
- Methodist University Hospital is a 617-bed facility, the largest, most comprehensive hospital in the Methodist Healthcare System, located in the heart of the Memphis Medical Center.
- In 2019, Methodist University Hospital opened a new 450,000-square-foot, nine-story tower as part of the campus’ $275 million campus expansion project.
- The University Hospital brings together research, medicine, and innovation, as the major academic campus and primary teaching hospital of the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
- Rooted in the values of service, quality, integrity, teamwork, and innovation, Methodist’s culture, The Power of One, is at the heart of everything, from treating patients and partnering with families, to hiring new associates and volunteering in the community.
- Methodist has received countless awards, including being ranked nationally in eight children’s specialties and a Most Wired designation for the exceptional way the hospital uses technology to engage with patients.
- Memphis, Tennessee, is a growing city that boasts a low cost of living and a bevy of recreational activities.
- The birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll and the home of the blues, the city’s vibrant music scene remains strong to this day, with live music each night on Beale Street, as well as in most areas of the city.
- Situated on the Mississippi River, Memphis offers an array of cultural and historical attractions and world-famous BBQ.
- Home to several Fortune 500 companies, the thriving business location is a hub for most goods transportation for the Unites States.