Serve as the Laboratory Subject Matter Expert for Mercy Medical Center Merced, Located in Close Proximity to Yosemite National Park and the California Coast
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Laboratory Services is responsible for the clinical laboratory’s overall operations with a focus on maintaining the highest standard of quality and service.
- With oversight for approximately 65 FTEs, the Director must be a visible leader with the ability to build teams, strategically partner across the organization, and prioritize department succession planning and filling staffing needs to meet demand.
- Drive results around key laboratory initiatives, including turnaround times, process improvement, fiscal management, and automating instrumentation and documentation practices.
- Must bring 5+ years of progressive Laboratory Services experience in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science, of which 3+ years are in a leadership capacity. Acute care experience is required.
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), or National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) or Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Mercy Medical Center Merced, a 186-bed Joint Commission-recognized hospital, has been building a rich history of care in its community for more than 100 years. Today, with its 1,300 employees and 250 physicians, the hospital offers high quality, personalized care and the latest in facility design and technology.
- The hospital was awarded advanced certification as a Primary Stroke Center and is a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
- Mercy Medical Center Merced is part of Dignity Health network, the largest hospital provider in California and fifth largest system in the country, catering to communities throughout 22 states.
- Mercy Medical Center Merced maintains a cancer center, home health unit, a medical foundation, and three rural clinics that are part of the UC Davis Family Practice Residency Program.
- Merced, California, is blazing the trail in education, culture, and business thanks in part to the University of California Merced, the center of Merced’s diverse community and growing economic opportunity.
- Merced is one of the designated stops along the California high-speed rail that is projected for passenger travel in 2025 and will connect the city to locations including Fresno and Bakersfield.
- Merced has historically been the “Gateway to Yosemite” due to being less than two hours from Yosemite National Park, as well as Monterey Bay. Residents also enjoy short drives to skiing, beaches, fishing, and other outdoor attractions.
- Residents enjoy a cost of living close to 30% lower than the California average, while experiencing the warm weather nearly year-round.