Join a dynamic organization as the Director Family Birthing Center in the beautiful and sunny locale of Merced, California
- Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, The Director Family Birthing Center for Mercy Medical Center Merced is responsible for a busy obstetrics department, which includes Labor & Delivery unit, post-partum care, two C-Section ORs, lactation services and a Level II NICU, totaling 34 patient beds
- This leader provides supervision to 100+ staff including RNs, LVNs, Scrub Techs, PRN, lactation consultants, charge nurses and a manager
- Conduct weekly meetings with other key leaders to drive clinical excellence, competencies and high standards of care
- Manage daily operations and support cross training initiatives to ensure staff can accommodate delivery trends
- Key goals for the Director include improving the fetal monitoring program, driving patient experience, building physician partnerships, continuing strong staff engagement and attaining Baby Friendly status at the Center
- Must have 10+ years of experience in women’s services, maternal child health, labor and delivery, NICU or related areas, in addition to previous Director-level experience managing in one or more of these areas
- Knowledgeable regarding unions, California regulations, perinatal safety and residency programming
- MSN required; must possess or obtain active California RN license
- Mercy Medical Center Merced is a 186-bed Joint Commission recognized hospital with 1,300 employees and 230 physicians located in Merced County of California.
- The hospital was awarded advanced certification as a Primary Stroke Center and is a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement.
- Mercy Medical Center Merced is part of Dignity Health network, the largest hospital provider in California and fifth largest system in the country, catering to communities throughout 22 states.
- Mercy Medical Center Merced maintains a cancer center, home health unit, a medical foundation, and three rural clinics that are part of the UC Davis Family Practice Residency Program.
- Merced, California, is blazing the trail in education, culture and business thanks in part to the University of California Merced, the center of Merced’s diverse community and growing economic opportunity.
- Merced is one of the designated stops along the California high-speed rail; projected for passenger travel in 2025, the rail should reduce a three-hour car trip to a mere 45 minutes.
- Merced has historically been the “Gateway to Yosemite” due to being less than two hours from Yosemite National Park, as well as Monterey Bay. Residents also enjoy short drives to skiing, beaches, fishing, and other outdoor attractions.
- Like most of California, Merced experiences warm weather nearly year round.