Join a Nationally Recognized Health System, Hennepin Healthcare, as the Director of Surgical Services in Minneapolis, MN!
Competitive relocation and sign-on package offered!
- Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Surgical Services is responsible for providing overall direction and management of Surgical Services including: OR, PACU, Surgical Admissions, and GI Lab.
- The Director is heavily involved in decision making processes, provides overall program leadership, and develops long-range, strategic, and operational plans of the designated clinical program areas.
- Establishes an environment that promotes teamwork within and across clinical areas and the hospital, identifies team and individual developmental opportunities, and encourages individual contributions to overall team effectiveness.
- Creates a caring and inclusive culture that fosters positive, effective nurse-patient relationships and positive, collaborative interdisciplinary relationships.
- Ideal candidates will bring the ability to enhance employee engagement, address quality improvement, and create a strong dyad partnership.
- 5+ years of management experience in perioperative services or a related area required; Union experience required.
- Master’s degree in a related field required.
Earn $5,000 For Referring a Peer!
- We value your help connecting us with qualified peers and are offering a special $5,000 bonus for a limited time if you refer a Perioperative leader who is placed in this role. Click the "Refer a Colleague" button or here to learn more.
- Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center, an acute care hospital, as well as a clinic system with primary care clinics located in Minneapolis and across Hennepin County.
- The healthcare system includes a 484-bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of clinics downtown, in the North Loop, Whittier, East Lake Street neighborhoods of Minneapolis, and in suburban communities of Brooklyn Park, Golden Valley, Richfield, and St. Anthony Village.
- While more than one-third of the surgical patients are considered "major" in severity of illness according to University Health Consortium data, Hennepin Healthcare surgeons also provide a full range of elective surgical care and have expertise in the latest minimally invasive techniques.
- Their trauma surgeons are board certified, providing emergency surgery for injured and acutely ill patients, intensive care for critically ill patients following an injury or surgery, and elective surgery to patients of all ages.
- Hennepin Healthcare offers the latest technology in robotic-assisted surgeries with the da Vinci Xi system. Minimally invasive surgery using the FDA approved da Vinci Xi Robotic Surgery System provides several very significant benefits to the patient.
- As the largest city in Minnesota, Minneapolis is a city with an abundance of entertainment options – shopping at the Mall of America, shows at the Tony Award-winning Guthrie Theater, and exploring world-class museums like the Walker Art Center, hailed by Newsweek as “possibly the best contemporary art museum in the country.”
- Voted the “Healthiest City in America”, Minneapolis is proud of its 197 parks and nearly 200 miles of paths winding through the metro.
- Being part of the Land of 10,000 Lakes, Minneapolis has 22 lakes in the metropolitan area alone – making it the ideal location for those who enjoy spending time on the water.