Amazing opportunity to lead nursing operations as Chief of Patient Care Services with Samaritan Healthcare in beautiful Washington state!
- The Chief of Patient Care Services will be responsible for overseeing nursing practices and patient care standards of the Samaritan organization, ensuring the mission, values and visions are being met.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this leader will oversee a team of 18 direct reports, and 244 FTEs.
- This leader will be expected to assess the current staffing plan and develop a plan for continued growth, along with reviewing succession plans and help to identify/develop leaders. They will also be tasked with overseeing quality standards and initiatives.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills. They must be capable of building effective working relationships with staff, executive leadership, and key stakeholders. This leader should be kind and nurturing in nature and be capable to mentoring and providing guidance to department staff.
- Master’s degree required; in clinical, nursing administration or related field.
- Samaritan Healthcare is a multifaceted health care organization located in Moses Lake, Washington.
- Organized as Grant County Public Hospital District No.1 in 1947, Samaritan is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the people of the Columbia Basin
- In 2002 the organization went through a major expansion and modernization project which added 60,000 square feet of new space and modernized another 60,000 square feet.
- These improvements have resulted in a virtually new facility featuring single-bed rooms, a completely new Intensive Care Unit, a new Mother and Baby Center, new cafeteria, lobby and expanded patient and family waiting areas.
- Samaritan Healthcare has been rated by CMS a 4-star accredited hospital and is a founding member of the Grand Columbia Health Alliance.
- One of the fastest growing areas in Washington, Moses Lake and the surrounding area including the City of Warden offers a variety of affordable housing from new suburban-style developments to family farms.
- Known as the Desert Oasis, Moses Lake and the surrounding area of Grant County is located in the heart of the Columbia Basin in Central Washington. With a Service Area Population of 54,000 people, livable is best way to describe the community.
- Fishing, waterskiing, canoeing, and kayaking are some of the activities available without leaving the city limits. Moses Lake also has a large community Aquatic Center. Other recreational activities in the area include biking, ice-skating, hunting, and snow skiing.
- Moderate four-season climate weather pattern with average minimum December temperatures of 23 degrees and average summer maximum of 87 degrees and 300 plus days of sunshine makes for comfortable living.