President & Chief Executive Officer
AMN is honored to partner with Meridian Health Services and its Board of Directors in the recruitment of a new President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO). A national executive search is underway, as Hank Milius, the current President and CEO, plans to retire at the end of 2023, after 21 years of service. This CEO role is an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished, forward-thinking, collaborative, growth-oriented executive to join an outstanding organization and to impact the future of the communities it serves. The future CEO will have the benefit of building upon a remarkable track record of success coupled with a committed leadership team, highly engaged staff, an active and supportive Board, and an extraordinary reputation.
Meridian Health Services is a progressive healthcare organization specializing in “whole-person” health, integrating physical, mental and social well-being. Meridian is one of the leading providers of integrated health services in the industry. Meridian employs 1,100 staff including over 60 medical providers, and serves 40,000 patients across more than 50 facilities with $150 million in revenue. Meridian’s spectrum of services include nearly 30 different types of programs for physical, mental, and social well-being. The focus on a broader spectrum of health including primary medical care, behavioral health and human services offers a well-rounded approach for happier, healthier patients. Meridian Health Services has been serving the community for nearly 50 years and is accredited by the Joint Commission, certified by the Indiana Division of Mental Health and Addictions, and the Health Resources and Services Administration.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), creates and communicates the organization’s vision and mission, leads strategy development, implementation, and revision. The CEO also oversees development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, helping formulate strategic objectives. To that end, the CEO must maintain an awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, collaboration with community partners, customers, markets, new industry development and standards, values a culture of diversity, and so forth. The CEO leads a group of top executives or “top management,” including but not limited to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Clinical VP’s, VP Marketing, VP Human Resources, and VP Risk Management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, J.D., or other advanced degree in relevant field
- Ten years’ experience in a senior management position with a healthcare entity of similar or larger scope and scale
- Experience in hospital and/or residential setting
- Experience leading and managing a board
- Ambulatory/Multisite leadership experience
- High level of leadership skills to direct the health center staff function and effectively lead people, process, and change
- Proactive, results –oriented approach to management
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Skilled in strategic planning, planning and organizing work, managing time and meeting commitments
- Skilled in fund-raising and building community awareness desired
Meridian Health Services’ corporate home is Muncie, Indiana. Muncie (/'mnsi/ MUN-see) is an incorporated city and the seat of Delaware County, Indiana. It is located in East Central Indiana, about 50 miles (80 km) northeast of Indianapolis. The United States Census for 2020 reported the city's population was 65,194. It is the principal city of the Muncie metropolitan statistical area, which has a population of 117,671.