Seeking Collaborative Leader to Oversee a Large Emergency Department as Director at Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital, a Growing Facility Outside Nashville!
- The Director, Emergency Department will provide strategic and operational oversight of a growing and large volume ED, which sees 90,000+ visits per year at Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital.
- Reporting to the VP of Nursing/Chief Nursing Officer, the Director will partner closely with physician leadership and across departments to improve throughput and drive a high level of patient experience for the service line.
- Must bring significant nursing leadership experience in a large, fast-paced Emergency Department or Trauma Center. A background in Lean Six Sigma is preferred.
- Active nursing license and BLS certification required.
- BSN degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- As a member of Ascension Health, Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is part of the largest Catholic, mission-driven, not-for-profit health care system in the United States.
- Recognized as a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and a Certified Chest Pain Center, Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford is a 358-bed hospital with more than 200 physicians on its medical staff that sees 90,000+ Emergency Department visits per year.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford completed an expansion in 2020 that added close to 100,000-square-feet and a three-story tower. Additionally, a new $268 million facility was opened in 2010 that is equipped with state-of-the-art technology.
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee, is the largest suburb in the Nashville metropolitan area, located approximately 35 miles from downtown Nashville.
- Ranked by Money as 2018’s 19th best place to live in the United States, Murfreesboro offers excellent schools, a vibrant downtown, top-notch parks and Greenway system, Southern charm, and a low cost of living.
- Right down the road, Nashville boasts world-class entertainment including incomparable live music, great food, and a plethora of shopping.
- Nashville is also home to the Tennessee Titans professional football team, the Nashville Predators professional ice hockey team, and several prominent Civil War battleground sites within close proximity to the city.