Serve as the subject matter expert for infection prevention as Nashville General Hospital’s new Infection Control Practitioner
- Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Infection Control Practitioner will own the infection prevention function and work with analysts to improve & automate data collection/reporting
- Leverage data to inform decision-making and educate other departments regarding IP best practices
- The Infection Control Practitioner must understand regulatory guidelines and related governance, as well as maintain active CIC certification
- Must have three years of infection control experience and minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Nashville General Hospital (NGH) is Nashville’s original community- based hospital. Joint Commission accredited, NGH readily accommodates a wide range of needs from emergency services and acute care to ancillary and ambulatory services.
- The 150-bed hospital is clinically and academically affiliated with Meharry Medical College.
- The hospital is committed to quality, providing an array of sophisticated healthcare services with state-of-the-art technology and is currently using the Baldridge framework for performance excellence.
- Nashville is the capital and most populous city of the U.S. state of Tennessee, ranking #24 in the U.S. population.
- Nashville, one of the finest cities of the South, offers world-class entertainment including incomparable live music, great food, and a plethora of shopping.
- Nashville is home to Vanderbilt University and offers year-round cultural and music festivals and annual celebrations.
- The city is also home to the Tennessee Titans professional football team, the Nashville Predators professional ice hockey team and several prominent Civil War battleground sites are within close proximity to the city.