Regional Lab Leadership Opportunity with Oversight for Nine Hospital Laboratories and Close to 30 Service Centers in “Music City”!
- The Regional Laboratory Director provides leadership for Ascension Saint Thomas’s network of clinical laboratories and outreach services, across its nine hospitals.
- As the health system’s laboratory liaison and expert resource, the Regional Director must prioritize understanding each lab’s unique needs and provide guidance around financial targets, staffing issues, supplies, capital equipment, and key projects.
- This highly collaborative Regional Director will partner closely with leadership at all sites and create strategies that achieve consistent lab operations, support service line expansion, drive future growth, develop upcoming leadership, and focus on employee recruitment and retention.
- Must bring significant lab leadership experience in a multi-site setting.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Medical Technologist or Medical Lab Scientist credentials are preferred.
- Ascension Saint Thomas is part of Ascension, one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S. that operates more than 2,600 sites of care, including 146 hospitals, in 19 states.
- As one of the largest health systems in Tennessee, Ascension Saint Thomas is united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.
- Ascension Saint Thomas includes nine hospitals and a comprehensive network of medical practices, clinics, and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and with 8,000+ employees throughout Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.
- Acute care facilities include Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown (Nashville), Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital West (Nashville), Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford (Murfreesboro), Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital for Specialty Surgery (Nashville), Ascension Saint Thomas Hickman (Centerville), Ascension Saint Thomas DeKalb (Smithville), Ascension Saint Thomas Highlands (Sparta), Ascension Saint Thomas River Park (McMinnville), and Ascension Saint Thomas Stones River (Woodbury).
- Nashville is the capital and most populous city of Tennessee, ranking #8 on Best Cities in the U.S. (Readers’ Choice Awards) and one of five of the best U.S. destinations to visit in 2021 (Independent).
- Known as “Music City,” Nashville thrives with an ever-present creative vibe and entrepreneurial spirit. Its roots are deeply felt throughout the street art, world-class entertainment, incomparable live music, creative culture, and award-winning food. And that spirit extends to family-friendly fun, fan-filled football, and unforgettable historical attractions.
- Nashville is home to Vanderbilt University, the Tennessee Titans professional football team, the Nashville Predators professional ice hockey team, and several prominent Civil War battleground sites that are within close proximity to the city.