Seeking Strong Financial Leader to Serve as Director of Patient Financial Services for Southcoast Health, a Top-Rated Health System in a Coastal City Near Boston!
- The Director of Patient Financial Services will lead the system-wide patient financial services function for Southcoast Health, which includes the Southcoast Hospital Group (SHG) and Southcoast Physician Group (SPG).
- Oversight is approximately 115 FTEs.
- Reporting to the Vice President for Revenue Cycle, the Director will be a key leader in streamlining all aspects of billing, claims collection, analytics, and accounts receivable systems for the system hospitals and physician groups.
- Must bring experience in both hospital and professional billing.
- Seeking leader with a demonstrated track record of excellence. Health system is looking for a leader who can take them from the top quartile to the top decile in a number of their revenue cycle metrics.
- Experience with Epic preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field required.
- Master’s degree and CPMA or related certification preferred.
- Southcoast Health is a not-for-profit, community-based health system that serves more than 719,000 residents in 33 communities throughout southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- The system includes three acute care hospitals, known as Southcoast Hospitals Groups, with 815 total beds—Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River, St. Luke’s Hospital in New Bedford, and Tobey Hospital in Wareham—as well as Southcoast Behavioral Health in Dartmouth.
- In addition to its hospitals and a physician network of more than 450 providers, Southcoast has more than 40 physician practices, multiple urgent care centers, a Visiting Nurse Association, the Centers for Cancer Care, outpatient surgery centers, and numerous ancillary facilities.
- Holding The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, Southcoast Hospitals Group was named one of Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals in 2019, ranking in the top 6% of U.S. hospitals that were considered.
- New Bedford, Massachusetts, has 95,000 residents and is located less than 60 miles from all that Boston has to offer.
- Nicknamed “The Whaling City” due to its history as one of the world’s most important whaling ports, New Bedford helped inspire Herman Melville’s Moby Dick and is today known as America’s #1 fishing port and for its unmatched seafood.
- Located on Buzzards Bay, New Bedford residents can enjoy numerous beaches, countless outdoor activities, and magnificent scenery.
- New Bedford has been ranked as the 7th Most Artistic City in America with a Seaport Cultural District that includes an arts center, performance venues, museums, boutique shops, wineries, and restaurants.