Opportunity to Lead Financial Performance of Southcoast Physicians Group, A Network of More Than 450 Providers Near Boston, as Executive Director of Finance!
- The Executive Director of Finance will lead the financial management for Southcoast Physicians Group (SPG), a multi-specialty integrated network of more than 450 providers in southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Reporting to the system Chief Financial Officer and working in close partnership with system and physician leadership, the Executive Director will drive initiatives to streamline physician provider compensation and optimize financial performance.
- Must bring 8+ years of physician practice financial oversight, health system or multi-site experience, and a strong understanding of accounting principles and revenue cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with Epic preferred.
- Southcoast Health is a not-for-profit, community-based health system that serves more than 719,000 residents in 33 communities throughout southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- The system includes three acute care hospitals, known as Southcoast Hospitals Groups, with 815 total beds—Charlton Memorial Hospital in Fall River, St. Luke’s Hospital in New Bedford, and Tobey Hospital in Wareham—as well as Southcoast Behavioral Health in Dartmouth.
- In addition to its hospitals and a physician network of more than 450 providers, Southcoast has more than 40 physician practices, multiple urgent care centers, a Visiting Nurse Association, the Centers for Cancer Care, outpatient surgery centers, and numerous ancillary facilities.
- Holding The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval, Southcoast Hospitals Group was named one of Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals in 2019, ranking in the top 6% of U.S. hospitals that were considered.
- New Bedford, Massachusetts, has 95,000 residents and is located less than 60 miles from all that Boston has to offer.
- Nicknamed “The Whaling City” due to its history as one of the world’s most important whaling ports, New Bedford helped inspire Herman Melville’s Moby Dick and is today known as America’s #1 fishing port and for its unmatched seafood.
- Located on Buzzards Bay, New Bedford residents can enjoy numerous beaches, countless outdoor activities, and magnificent scenery.
- New Bedford has been ranked as the 7th Most Artistic City in America with a Seaport Cultural District that includes an arts center, performance venues, museums, boutique shops, wineries, and restaurants.