Join one of New York’s most prestige healthcare organizations, New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, and oversee operations as RN Director, Nurse Anesthesia and Support Services!
- The RN Director, Nurse Anesthesia and Support Services is responsible for managing the delivery of all anesthesiology services across the correlating New York-Presbyterian sites.
- Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Perioperative Services, this leader will have strategic oversight for both Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, as well as all supporting anesthesia technical support functions.
- The RN Director, Nurse Anesthesia and Support Services will be expected to join the organization and hit the ground running, managing a large team of highly seasoned/trained staff, approximately 200 FTEs, and ensuring that day-to-day operations continue to run smoothly.
- This role is based out of Weill Cornell Medical Center. Travel to satellite offices, conferences, presentations, and other events will be required.
- Ideal candidates will be strong operational leaders, with an extensive background working in a large academic medical/acute care setting. Outstanding communication and organizational skills will be critical.
- Master’s degree required; Doctoral preferred. Active RN license required.
- Must be a graduate of a nurse anesthesia education program that is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) or the Council of Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs.
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) license and national board certification required.
- Must possess a minimum of seven to ten years related experience, with a minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership role.
- New York City, one of the most widely recognized cities in the United States, holds many of our nation’s most iconic sites including the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building, Central Park, Times Square, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- From quaint shops in the West Village to fine dining on the Upper West Side, there is a dish for every palette in this city.
- Composed of five boroughs, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island, New York City packs more culture and attractions into one city than can be seen anywhere else in the world.
- New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, an 862-bed medical center affiliated with Weill Cornell Medicine, provides emergency, primary, and specialty care in virtually every field of medicine.
- As part of New York-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic healthcare delivery systems, New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell attracts patients who come from the New York City metropolitan area, across the country, and around the globe.
- The system comprises of two world-class academic healthcare institutions combined to create the largest and most comprehensive hospital in New York, with over 13,000 employees and 2,200 patient beds.
- In collaboration with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University Vangelis College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York-Presbyterian is consistently recognized as a leader in medical education, groundbreaking research, and innovative, patient-centered clinical care.
- New York-Presbyterian is nationally recognized for its excellence in nursing from the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program.