Lead the Utilization and Case Management Department at University Hospital, a prestigious healthcare facility consistently recognized among the top hospitals in Northern New Jersey!
- The Director of Utilization and Case Management will spearhead the strategic direction, management, continuous improvement, and overall maintenance of the Utilization and Case Management Services Unit.
- Operating within a Dyad leadership model alongside the Director of Social Work, this leader will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and highly visible leader with a desire to implement best practices in conjunction with the Director of Social Work and the Nursing Leadership team.
- Preferred candidates will possess a robust background in handling appeals and denials, demonstrate strategic thinking abilities backed by tangible evidence. Additionally, candidates should exhibit strong teamwork skills and a commitment to fostering accountability among staff. Union experience is a plus.
- This position requires full onsite presence; remote or hybrid work arrangements are not available.
- BSN degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- Active NJ RN license required. License can be obtained by candidates relocating for the role.
- Must possess at least five years’ experience working in an acute care setting, with at least two years’ experience in relevant leadership position.
- University Hospital is a separate, independent medical center with 519 licensed beds, an active medical staff of more than 600, and more than 3,100 employees.
- The organization is home to northern New Jersey’s Level I Trauma Center and to specialty programs such as the Center for Liver Diseases and the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- University Hospital is a principal teaching hospital for Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences and a regional resource for specialized services and critical care.
- For the first time, University Hospital, located in Newark, New Jersey, was designated as one of Newsweek's Best Maternity Care Hospitals 2021. This distinction, which recognizes hospitals that have excelled in providing quality care to mothers, newborns, and their families, as measured in part by the 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, is part of Newsweek's Best Health Care series and powered by data from The Leapfrog Group.
- As one of Newark’s largest employers, University Hospital plays a key role in the city’s economic and cultural renaissance.
- University Hospital ranks among the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area, according to Best Hospitals rankings, published by U.S. News & World Report. University Hospital is also recognized for "high performance" in the clinical specialty of Nephrology.
- Newark, New Jersey, is divided into five geographical wards, and contains neighborhoods ranging in character from bustling urban districts to quiet suburban enclaves.
- The metropolis offers a wide range of attractions including museums, parks, eateries, and New Jersey Performing Arts Center, one of the country’s largest and most glamorous performing arts venues.
- From great museums, scenic parks and excellent restaurants to sports, theater and music, Newark offers plenty to see and do.
- Newark is located just eight miles from the bustling metropolis of Manhattan, New York.