Serve as the Executive Director for Emergency Services and Observations at a Facility Ranked as One of the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey—University Hospital!
- Reporting directly to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Executive Director for Emergency Services and Observations is responsible for strategically developing and implementing clinical activities within the Emergency Department Services unit, as well as providing direction and oversight for the business operations and fiscal management of the Emergency Department.
- Maintains authority and accountability for the 24-hour management, administration, and organizational development of the Emergency department.
- Provides effective financial and business leadership, as well as direction for strategic business operations and fiscal management as it pertains to the Emergency Department.
- Seeking a tactful and collaborative leader with strong interpersonal skills to actively foster a friendly, welcoming and safe environment for UH customers and staff members.
- Ideal candidates will have the ability to function at a high level in a complex union environment and bring a strong understanding of ED operations, throughput, and quality.
- BSN degree required; Master’s preferred.
- Must bring 8+ years of progressive nursing experience, in addition to 3+ years of management experience.
- University Hospital is a separate, independent medical center with 519 licensed beds, an active medical staff of more than 600, and more than 3,100 employees.
- The organization is home to northern New Jersey’s Level I Trauma Center and to specialty programs such as the Center for Liver Diseases and the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- University Hospital is a principal teaching hospital for Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences and a regional resource for specialized services and critical care.
- For the first time, University Hospital, located in Newark, New Jersey, was designated as one of Newsweek's Best Maternity Care Hospitals 2021. This distinction, which recognizes hospitals that have excelled in providing quality care to mothers, newborns and their families, as measured in part by the 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, is part of Newsweek's Best Health Care series and powered by data from The Leapfrog Group.
- As one of Newark’s largest employers, University Hospital plays a key role in the city’s economic and cultural renaissance.
- University Hospital ranks among the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area, according to Best Hospitals rankings, published by U.S. News & World Report. University Hospital is also recognized for "high performance" in the clinical specialty of Nephrology.
- Newark, New Jersey, is divided into five geographical wards, and contains neighborhoods ranging in character from bustling urban districts to quiet suburban enclaves.
- The metropolis offers a wide range of attractions including museums, parks, eateries, and New Jersey Performing Arts Center, one of the country’s largest and most glamorous performing arts venues.
- From great museums, scenic parks and excellent restaurants to sports, theater and music, Newark offers plenty to see and do.
- Newark is located just eight miles from the bustling metropolis of Manhattan, New York.