Join University Hospital, a renowned teaching hospital, as their new Executive Director of Quality in beautiful Newark, New Jersey!
- The Executive Director of Quality will direct, oversee, and evaluate implemented comprehensive quality programs and will strive to improve clinical outcomes, enhance value, and optimize patient care throughout University Hospital.
- The Executive Director keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and University Hospital regulations, laws, and polices as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Executive Director of Quality will oversee approximately 31 director reports while managing the patient safety program and identifying risk, harm, and infection control trends.
- The Executive Director will be accountable for the management of Infection Control, Clinical Risk, Patient Safety, Quality, Regulatory, Performance Improvement, and Data initiatives throughout the facility and will implement strategic plans to enhance improvement.
- Seeking a hands-on leader who will be able to create positive working relationships with staff, physicians, and executive leadership members. This includes frequent interactions with the CEO, CNO, and Executive Vice President while providing full transparency pertaining to ongoing quality initiatives.
- The Executive Director must implement strategic plans pertaining to quality initiative to enhance the preparedness throughout the facility, including the assurance that all procedures are within local, state, and federal compliance protocols.
- Candidates will ideally bring extensive experience with regulatory, infection control, and quality initiatives within an acute care setting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- BSN, MD, and/or Active RN license is required.
- Minimum of 7+ years of leadership experience within an acute care setting is required.
- University Hospital is a separate, independent medical center with 519 licensed beds, an active medical staff of more than 600, and more than 3,100 employees.
- The organization is home to northern New Jersey’s Level I Trauma Center and to specialty programs such as the Center for Liver Diseases and the Comprehensive Stroke Center.
- University Hospital is a principal teaching hospital for Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences and a regional resource for specialized services and critical care.
- For the first time, University Hospital, located in Newark, New Jersey, was designated as one of Newsweek's Best Maternity Care Hospitals 2021. This distinction, which recognizes hospitals that have excelled in providing quality care to mothers, newborns, and their families, as measured in part by the 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Survey, is part of Newsweek's Best Health Care series and powered by data from The Leapfrog Group.
- As one of Newark’s largest employers, University Hospital plays a key role in the city’s economic and cultural renaissance.
- University Hospital ranks among the Best Hospitals in Northern New Jersey and the New York Metropolitan area, according to Best Hospitals rankings, published by U.S. News & World Report. University Hospital is also recognized for "high performance" in the clinical specialty of Nephrology.
- Newark, New Jersey, is divided into five geographical wards, and contains neighborhoods ranging in character from bustling urban districts to quiet suburban enclaves.
- The metropolis offers a wide range of attractions including museums, parks, eateries, and New Jersey Performing Arts Center, one of the country’s largest and most glamorous performing arts venues.
- From great museums, scenic parks and excellent restaurants to sports, theater and music, Newark offers plenty to see and do.
- Newark is located just eight miles from the bustling metropolis of Manhattan, New York.