Seeking an innovative leader to join community-centered North Country Hospital in charming Newport, Vermont as Chief Financial Officer
- As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for North Country Hospital and Health Center, this individual is responsible for developing, interpreting, coordinating, and administering the institutions policies on finances, accounting, insurance, patient billing, internal controls, and auditing.
- The CFO will be responsible for presenting and communicating financial reports and data to the administration and Board of Directors.
- The CFO will focus on reports outlining the financial position in all areas of the organization, including assets, liabilities, income, and expenses for the past, present, and future operations.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands on, analytical leader with strong healthcare finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- Ten years of administrative experience with five years within a hospital environment.
- Physician incentive plan experience required.
- North Country Hospital is where compassionate professionals, sophisticated technology, and quality care come together for patients’ well-being, in all stages of life. A natural healing environment, North Country Hospital is located on 30 acres near an international lake and some of Vermont’s green mountains. It offers convenient care to the 27,000 residents in Orleans and North Essex County, as well as visitors who travel to enjoy the area’s recreational resources.
- In its 100 years, the medical campus has grown to include a surgical suite, obstetrics, and gynecology division, 24-hour emergency department, pediatrics ward, an intensive care unit, Medical/Surgical floor, and branches for dialysis, orthopedics and sleep disorders, as well as areas for radiology, laboratory, and physical therapy. In addition, services are provided at four rural health clinics.
- The hospital meets the highest medical standards and is a DNV-accredited provider for the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- As a private, non-profit community hospital, North Country is governed by volunteer members of the community serving on its Board of Trustees. Community is at the core of North Country Hospital’s existence and its commitment to partnering with others to provide the education and programs necessary to empower everyone to attain and maintain a healthy life.
- Newport, Vermont, is a delightful city, surrounding the southern banks of Lake Memphremagog – a glacial lake spanning from Newport into Quebec, Canada; perfect for boating, fishing, and enjoying the breathtaking mountain views.
- The town is an undisturbed paradise for natural beauty and Newport is rich with picturesque farms and landscapes. Newport is a charming tourist town with specialty shops, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants.
- Newport’s lake vibes, historic architecture and unique local businesses give the downtown its charm, along with farm-to-table options sourced from local farms.
- the shops on Main Street. Enjoy summer concerts on the waterfront. Stroll through parks and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the lake, or sail to Canada for dinner.
- The city sits 20 minutes from the Canadian border and Jay Peak, a popular skiing destination, and is just two hours from the center of Montreal.