Thrive in picturesque Newport, Vermont, as Director of Emergency Department Services at distinguished North Country Hospital.
- The Director of Emergency Department Services will provide administrative and strategic leadership for all activities of the Emergency Department.
- Report to VP of Patient Care Services and serve on the Patient Care Services Leadership team. Oversight for Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Licensed Nursing Assistants, Unit Clerks, Patient Observers, and Emergency Room Techs.
- Seeking a solution-oriented leader with demonstrated success in building teams who will prioritize employee mentorship, engagement, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Foster collaborative partnerships with inpatient departments and physician leaders to optimize processes, patient care, and throughput.
- Additional responsibility areas include committee leadership, regulatory compliance, quality assurance, fiscal management, and ensuring high-quality clinical practice delivery that is aligned with national and system benchmarks and best practices.
- Must bring significant Emergency Services clinical experience, including 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree and active RN license required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- North Country Hospital is where compassionate professionals, sophisticated technology, and quality care come together for patients’ well-being, in all stages of life. A natural healing environment, North Country Hospital is located on 30 acres near an international lake and some of Vermont’s green mountains. It offers convenient care to the 27,000 residents in Orleans and North Essex County, as well as visitors who travel to enjoy the area’s recreational resources.
- In its 100 years, the medical campus has grown to include a surgical suite, obstetrics, and gynecology division, 24-hour emergency department, pediatrics ward, an intensive care unit, Medical/Surgical floor, and branches for dialysis, orthopedics and sleep disorders, as well as areas for radiology, laboratory, and physical therapy. In addition, services are provided at four rural health clinics.
- The hospital meets the highest medical standards and is a DNV-accredited provider for the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- As a private, non-profit community hospital, North Country is governed by volunteer members of the community serving on its Board of Trustees. Community is at the core of North Country Hospital’s existence and its commitment to partnering with others to provide the education and programs necessary to empower everyone to attain and maintain a healthy life.
- Newport, Vermont, is a delightful city, surrounding the southern banks of Lake Memphremagog – a glacial lake spanning from Newport into Quebec, Canada; perfect for boating, fishing, and enjoying the breathtaking mountain views.
- The town is an undisturbed paradise for natural beauty and Newport is rich with picturesque farms and landscapes. Newport is a charming tourist town with specialty shops, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants.
- Newport’s lake vibes, historic architecture and unique local businesses give the downtown its charm, along with farm-to-table options sourced from local farms. Discover downtown Newport by visiting
- the shops on Main Street. Enjoy summer concerts on the waterfront. Stroll through parks and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the lake, or sail to Canada for dinner.
- The city sits 20 minutes from the Canadian border and Jay Peak, a popular skiing destination, and is just two hours from the center of Montreal.