Join North Country Hospital in Newport, Vermont, home of rich landscapes and an undisturbed paradise for natural beauty, as Director of Information Technology.
- The Director of Information Technology (IT) will be responsible for IT strategic planning and keeping up to date with new innovation and automation initiatives. This professional will oversee the selection, implementation, development, and optimization of IT systems that support and strengthen North Country Hospital.
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this leader will oversee a team of 14 FTEs.
- This leader will be expected to increase optimization use of Cerner platform, and assist in researching and outsourcing security services of the hospital.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong, visible leader with a knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements within healthcare systems. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable of building effective working relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with information security and compliance management. Must possess 3-5 years of management and leadership experience, preferably in an acute healthcare setting.
- Professional security management certification, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials required.
- North Country Hospital is where compassionate professionals, sophisticated technology, and quality care come together for patients’ well-being, in all stages of life. A natural healing environment, North Country Hospital is located on 30 acres near an international lake and some of Vermont’s green mountains. It offers convenient care to the 27,000 residents in Orleans and North Essex County, as well as visitors who travel to enjoy the area’s recreational resources.
- In its 100 years, the medical campus has grown to include a surgical suite, obstetrics and gynecology division, 24-hour emergency department, pediatric ward, an intensive care unit, Medical/Surgical floor and branches for dialysis, orthopedics and sleep disorders, as well as areas for radiology, laboratory and physical therapy. In addition, services are provided at four rural health clinics.
- The hospital meets the highest medical standards and is a DNV-accredited provider for the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- As a private, non-profit community hospital, North Country is governed by volunteer members of the community serving on its Board of Trustees. Community is at the core of North Country Hospital’s existence and its commitment to partnering with others to provide the education and programs necessary to empower everyone to attain and maintain a healthy life.
- Newport, Vermont, is a delightful city, surrounding the southern banks of Lake Memphremagog – a glacial lake spanning from Newport into Quebec, Canada; perfect for boating, fishing, and enjoying the breathtaking mountain views.
- The town is an undisturbed paradise for natural beauty and Newport is rich with picturesque farms and landscapes. Newport is a charming tourist town with specialty shops, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants.
- Newport’s lake vibes, historic architecture and unique local businesses give the downtown its charm, along with farm-to-table options sourced from local farms. Discover downtown Newport by visiting the shops on Main Street. Enjoy summer concerts on the waterfront. Stroll through parks and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the lake, or sail to Canada for dinner.
- The city sits 20 minutes from the Canadian border and Jay Peak, a popular skiing destination, and is just two hours from the center of Montreal.