Live in a Picturesque New England Town with Endless Lake Views as the New Director of Rehabilitation Services
- The Director of Rehabilitation Services is the strategic and operational leader for the hospital’s inpatient and outpatient services, which include physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
- Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director must be a forward-thinking leader who will identify opportunities for market share growth, future expansion, and department and staffing models that meet business needs.
- Partner closely with physicians and nursing staff to ensure appropriate patient care plans and discharge planning.
- Oversight for approximately 21 FTEs and the department’s short- and long-range goals, budget management, equipment and supply maintenance, proper documentation practices, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance.
- The Director will occasionally be expected to perform the duties of a physical therapist in the inpatient setting to backfill for staff.
- Ideal candidates will bring demonstrated success in change management and a team-oriented approach that prioritizes employee engagement and department culture.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Must be licensed to practice physical therapy and obtain an active license in the state of Vermont.
- North Country Hospital is where compassionate professionals, sophisticated technology, and quality care come together for patients’ well-being, in all stages of life. A natural healing environment, North Country Hospital is located on 30 acres near an international lake and some of Vermont’s green mountains. It offers convenient care to the 27,000 residents in Orleans and North Essex County, as well as visitors who travel to enjoy the area’s recreational resources.
- In its 100 years, the medical campus has grown to include a surgical suite, obstetrics and gynecology division, 24-hour emergency department, pediatrics ward, an intensive care unit, Medical/Surgical floor and branches for dialysis, orthopedics and sleep disorders, as well as areas for radiology, laboratory and physical therapy. In addition, services are provided at four rural health clinics.
- The hospital meets the highest medical standards and is a DNV-accredited provider for the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- As a private, non-profit community hospital, North Country is governed by volunteer members of the community serving on its Board of Trustees. Community is at the core of North Country Hospital’s existence and its commitment to partnering with others to provide the education and programs necessary to empower everyone to attain and maintain a healthy life.
- Newport, Vermont, is a delightful city, surrounding the southern banks of Lake Memphremagog – a glacial lake spanning from Newport into Quebec, Canada; perfect for boating, fishing, and enjoying the breathtaking mountain views.
- The town is an undisturbed paradise for natural beauty and Newport is rich with picturesque farms and landscapes. Newport is a charming tourist town with specialty shops, boutiques, cafes, and restaurants.
- Newport’s lake vibes, historic architecture and unique local businesses give the downtown its charm, along with farm-to-table options sourced from local farms. Discover downtown Newport by visiting the shops on Main Street. Enjoy summer concerts on the waterfront. Stroll through parks and enjoy beautiful sunsets over the lake, or sail to Canada for dinner.
- The city sits 20 minutes from the Canadian border and Jay Peak, a popular skiing destination, and is just two hours from the center of Montreal.